Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second cook with PBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fzxdoc View Post
    Drozel, I have a Summit and a PBC and think I have the best of both worlds. The Summit is a great grill but a (relatively) poor smoker unless you fix it up like Meathead tells you to do. Even then it has a ton of openings for the smoke to leak out of. However, the temperature stays rock solid where you want it to. It's great for grilling and for lightly smoking meats or fish. But for that amazing smoke flavor, you need a PBC as well.

The PBC is a sweet piece of equipment. Everything on it is easy. Just start by following Noah's videos on the Pit Barrel Cooker site. Then after a while if you want to get fancy, look at some of the tips/tricks here in this PBC forum and on the general forum outside of the Pit. Every little bit of information is helpful, but don't overthink it. Every single thing I made on that PBC has tasted great!

Just get a PBC, fire it up, and have a good time!

Kathryn
    Thanks, Kathryn. I've found some of your other posts on the PBC which have been very helpful.

Comment

I have been lusting after a Backwoods Chubby for awhile, but the price ($1000) is a bit steep -- not saying I don't believe you get what you pay for in most cases.

The price on the PBC makes it very attractive and I am all about the KISS principle - the unit looks pretty simple to use, but after reading many other posts here, I was also somewhat intimadted by all of the 'techniquing' tips and advice for using the PBC.

After reading what you guys have posted about the ease of use of the PBC on this thread I think I will pull the trigger on one and give it a shot.

At least I know the company has good support, there are lots of videos on its use and there is great support here by PBC users!

Best of all - no modifications like I had to do on my CVS Brinkmann 2 door.

Also is made in USA! Sounds like a win, win, win to me!

UPDATE: PBC to be delivered on 11/28 - will have all of next weekend to break it in!
      Last edited by HC in SC; November 22, 2014, 07:55 AM.

Comment

• smarkley
        smarkley commented
        Editing a comment
        Woots! You have been assimilated... stay tuned for your designation!

• Beefchop
        Beefchop commented
        Editing a comment
        Congratulations!

For what it's worth, I never had to modify my PBC at all. Just used it the way Noah instructs in his videos and have never had a bad batch of BBQ.

I use the charcoal chimney vs. the lighter fluid method.

Your designation is 1 of 46, Primary Adjunct of Unimatrix 8

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here