Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Darn you Pit Barrel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Darn you Pit Barrel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hung 3 butts averaging 5 pounds at about 2 A.M. Expected to take about 8 hours, plus a 3 hour rest.

Got done in just over 6 hours. And I mean DONE. Off the hooks they were falling apart. Pit averaged a solid 280.

Wrapped in butcher paper with a foil and newspaper buffer in the faux cambro.

Tried to get a graph but the ICelsius kept messing it up. And when it did right, the IPad Mini decided to mess up. Go figure.

Technically it was one probe that was jacked up.

The "b" is going out on my keyboard. Gotta love that.

Jerod, I plan on doing one pork butt today so how'd you hook em? two hooks or one?

Comment

Two hooks per butt. Don't let it hang all the way to 203*F. It'll fall off. I'd put it on the grate at 150*F and wrap if you want to beat the stall. If you have longer to cook you can go unwrapped and just move the butt from the hooks to the grate at some point, perhaps in the 170 range.

What's your plan of attack?

Comment

Yeh, always 2 hooks in butts, briskets, and chickens.

I hang it like the Pit Barrel folks with the thinner end pointing down.

Here is my graph of the broke probe. Could not zoom in better, IPad mini acting up.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BrokeProe.png
Views:	105
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	27773

Comment

Darn you, Pit Barrel? More like "darn you, iPad mini/iCelsius"! Either way I bet your PBs were off the hook.

Kathryn

Comment

Yeh, I was just worried the pork might get mushy. Thankfully the butcher paper lets them breathe a little.

Comment

It's a center cut pork loin roast 2.5 lbs not a pork butt.same method , pull at 170 sit on rack to 205?

Comment

Did my homework. 140 pull then rest to 145.this website answers my Questions!

Comment

cool...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here