Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC newbie, Ribs rock!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PBC newbie, Ribs rock!

Did first baby backs yesterday on new PBC. Messed up a little lighting, mostly due to impatience to get cook started. Should have let coals get going better in chimney before dumping on basket. As a result, never saw temps over 300. Had to spend some time tending the cooker, cracking lid to jack temp up. Finally got it to hold around 240. Figured I normally smoke ribs at 225, so should be fine. 4 meaty racks came off after about 3.5 hours. Could have gone a little longer, but again impatience won and it was time to eat! The results were amazing. Excellent smoke ring, delicious flavor, moist and tender. Only minor issue was the "pull", just a little more tug to get meat off bone than I would have preferred. Again, a bit more time probably would have fixed this. Otherwise very impressed, and dinner guest with lots of BBQ under his belt from his time living in Memphis was very impressed also. Planning to cook a 10lb packer Sunday, will try to remember to get pics and let you know how it goes. So far very pleased with PBC!

Gasper, congrats on your new toy! And welcome to the ever-expanding PBC owners group.

Sounds like you had a fine first meal with it. Let us know how that packer goes. I'm getting ready to do one myself in a week or so.

Kathryn

Comment

I find that it's futile to fight the PBC, even if you mess up lighting, it will cook at whatever temperature it decides to settle for. Unless you're below 200, let it cook.

Comment

• Jon Solberg
        Jon Solberg commented
        Editing a comment
        resistance is futile! ; )

Gasper, Welcome to the PBC Revolution! Just got mine 3 weeks ago. I've been tweaking my process with the help of the good folks here at The Pit and each time the product gets better. Congratulations!

Comment

Did some ribs today on mine. Man them babies were goooooooood!!!

Comment

• sgd26
          sgd26 commented
          Editing a comment
          Doin' some ribs right now. Nothing like smokin' in the wee hours of the morning.

PBCing ribs first thing in the AM.

Comment

• bep35
          bep35 commented
          Editing a comment
          Make that cold PBC ribs. Mm Mm Good!

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here