Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC chicken again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PBC chicken again

Two five lb chickens cut in half. Started kingsford blue with minion method, chunk of apple and cherry. Waited 15 min, added to the basket and waited another 5 min for wood smoke to die down. Added chicken. Played with the lid to keep between 310-340 for about 1.5 hr, pulled at breast temp of 160. Crispy skin. Should have pulled a bit earlier, but I think my temp probe was off. Ordered maverick 732 and thermopop that night. More toys..... Sorry for small pics, but I only have access to ipad at home.

Nice looking bird!!

Comment

You'll be eating a whole lotta chickens, trust me. Next time try it without wood, just the smoke from the drippings. I pull it when breast reaches 155 degrees, about 1 hour 15 minutes.

Comment

Looks pretty daggum good to me... yum yum!

Comment

WTG Man

Comment

Thanks Ernest. Pulling at 155 sounds right. Its actually like my 4th PBC chicken cook, but first with cherry wood. I think the cherry added some color to the skin, but it is pretty nice without wood too. It was also the first time I monitored cooker temp to keep it around 325. I think that worked out great for the crispy skin.

Comment

Oh yeah cherry will beautifully paint a yard bird mahogany!!
              I rarely use wood when PBCing

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here