Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jerk pork ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jerk pork ribs

Doing some jerk ribs. Plan was to cook these during the day but things with kids came up. OK lube, On to seasoning, Penzey's jerk pork, lime juice, peanut oil. I wanted some heat so added walkerwoods jerk seasoning. Mix that to a paste Salt the ribs, rub the jerk paste, wrap in plastic, refrigerate overnight. Fire up the PBC, I'm using kingsford competition charcoal. Basket filled halfway, Weber compact chimney filled to the top. That's 40 briquettes. Hang the ribs at 6:22 pm. Should be done by 9:30 pm. Aaaaaaaand done! Took em off at 9:29 pm. Some of the best ribs I've ever made. And done in three hours FANTASTIC RIBS,

Clean off the bone

Comment

Look awesome! Know the temp? Mine never pull back like that.

Comment

Started at 350, settled at 295 within 15 minutes. I was using Kingsford competition charcoal.

Comment

MONEY! Awesome as always.

Comment

How's that jerk seasoning? Spicy-spicy, or just so so? Interested in trying it.

Comment

• Ernest
              Ernest commented
              Editing a comment
              The walkerswood is really spicey, they have scotch bonnet pepper chunks in it.
              Penzey's jerk seasoning is very mellow heat. So when I want just the civilized jerk I use Penzey's jerk only. Even Kids enjoy it. When I feel like a little more heat I mix a little walkerswood. Just a teaspoon does the trick.
              I'm. Not a fan of heat heat.
              It's fantastic.

I have no experience with a rig like that, are you ever worried that the meat will pull away and you'll lose it to the coal below?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here