Instagram AmazingRibs Facebook AmazingRibs X - Meathead Pinterest AmazingRibs Youtube AmazingRibs
BBQ Stars

Welcome!


This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | 30 Day Trial | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to attach a fan?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    How to attach a fan?

    I recently purchased a Thermoworks Billows fan for use on my PBC.

    does anyone have a great method for attaching the mounting bracket to the vent hole? I have the Kamado mount brackets as recommended by thermoworks.

    I’ve thought about using gasket maker or something to essentially glue the two pieces of mount together, one inside and one outside of the PBC, but thought I’d ask here before I janked things up.

    #2
    I think that Jerod Broussard may have done something similar a few years ago.

    Comment


      #3
      I did. Don't remember how exactly I attached.

      I'd have to search tonight. I used it to prevent the temp dropping when the meat stalled when cooking 4 briskets or loaded down with butts.

      Comment


        #4
        I used the square plate adapter from ThermoWorks. The one you have. I had to use high heat tape (I think it's 3M brand) to attach it, which I was fine with since I didn't want to drill any holes. I did have to slightly bend the plate just a bit so there wasn't a big gap on the sides.

        The tape lasted about a season. Peel off the old, add new. Once I stopped using the billows on it, I just screwed back on the original damper cover.

        Edit: Found a pic!

        Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	4.86 MB
ID:	1887824

        Comment


          #5
          Awesome! Thanks dpearce

          I hadn’t thought about that as an option.

          Comment


            #6
            Here's what I did, I have the PBX and the adapter was not large enough to cover the port. I used metal tape




            Attached Files

            Comment

            Announcement

            Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            0
            Guest
            Guest
            500
            ["membership","help","nojs","maintenance","shop","reset-password","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2025-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2026-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads
            7