Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First meatloaf on the PBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First meatloaf on the PBC

Thanks to Kathryn for the inspiration, I smoked my first meatloaf today. The cook time was 1:25 with the PBC settling in about 295 until the meat started dripping then settling in at 302 after that. I did crack the lid initially to get the temp up to 325. That meatloaf was amazing, great smoke flavor( pecan chunks), seasoned well and very moist. I made the loaf with 2 lbs. of ground chuck 80/20 and covered it with center cut bacon. For the seasonings I didn't measure but used what I thought I needed for 2 lbs of the following:
    Louisiana brand cajun seasoning
    McCormick's garlic and Herb seasoning
    Onion Powder
    Salt and Pepper

Wet Ingredients:
    4 TBSP of chili sauce
    1/3 cup of whole milk
    1 egg beaten

Then I added what I needed of Progresso Garlic and Herb bread crumbs. I don't think we'll be having meatloaf in the oven again . I did crisp the bacon under the broiler for a little over a minute after it was done.

Going in the PBC

Click image for larger version

Name:	Meatloaf 1.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	17783

Meatloaf at 130

Name:	Meatloaf 2.jpg
Views:	143
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	17784

Done at 160

Name:	Meatloaf 3.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	17787

Sliced and ready to eat

Name:	Meatloaf 4.jpg
Views:	137
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	17786
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Deuce; September 15, 2014, 11:21 AM.

Looks really good, wife has been trying to get me to do one, I suppose its time.

Comment

Nice job, Deuce!!

Comment

Deuce, you did a great job with that meatloaf. I can almost taste it from looking at those photos!

You got it right when you said you'd probably never be making meatloaf in the oven again. That's just how we feel. It's an awesome taste and pretty easy to make.

I'm at the point where I make 3 at a time so we can eat one, give one to friends and freeze the third. I make two at once and then for the 3rd one, I use my Great Grate and hang a chicken in the hole. We've got great leftovers for several nights that way.

Kathryn

Comment

We also made a smoked meatloaf last night - absolutely spectacular. Used the Kamado Joe recipe from their YouTube channel. It was a sort of last-minute thing, and meatloaf isn't generally very photogenic so I didn't take time to get any pics. Sadly there was nothing left over to document other than an empty pan.

Comment

Next on the list:
            • smoked meatloaf
            • smoked fatty (maple sausage roll)
            • WINGS!

Thanks for the reminder/inspiration!

Comment

I am all over this idea, bacon wrapped too, what couldn't be good with bacon wrapped around it.

Comment

Lookin GOOD Deuce!

Comment

OMG looks great

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here