Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Boston Butt on the PBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! Those last few degrees really come up on you quick. It's off the grill. Had the supermodel take a taste and she was Super Pleased. Compared it to some really good pulled pork we bought in Memphis last year. Photos coming soon of the whole process. Really pleased with the outcome. Total time to cook 7 hours 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by atlpbc View Post
      Looks like I'm in the home stretch now. 199*f. It's moved pretty fast over the last 12*. Any suggestions as to resting? I noticed John said about 2 hours to increase the tenderness. Is this wrapped? In the oven to retain heat? Failing any suggestions, I plan to wrap in foil and let it set on the counter for 2 hours. We aren't in a hurry to eat...I think. 8-)

You want to double wrap in foil then throw it in a cooler and HOLD the internal meat temp as best you can. Don't let it sit on the counter unless you intend to eat it immediately. Check out this thread. http://amazingribs.com/tips_and_tech...ux_cambro.html

Comment

I personally let it rest on the counter for about 10 minutes still wrapped, then I open the foil and let it cool off a little bit, don't want it to continue cooking. I wrap mine in one of my wifes good towels (not the same if it is an old one ) and put into a cooler for at least 2 hours. When I unwrap, its usually still at around 165, I let it sit until I can pull it.
        I pull mine bu hand, too many veins and fat and stuff for my family, so I clean up a few ounces of gross stuff while i'm going, there is usually a lot surrounding the bone and on top where the 2 muscles meet.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here