Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Snack sticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snack sticks

Has anyone tried snack sticks in the PBC? My father-in-law and I make several batches this time of year and I took some links to try in the PBC. I know they are traditional done at low temps, 140 ish, so I'm not sure how they will do in the higher heat of the PBC and if that will cook them too fast.

I have seen the done on an ECB (El-cheapo Brinkmann), but would think a PBC would run far too hot unless you only put like 40 lit briquettes in the firebasket and nothing else but maybe a chunk of your favorite smoking wood.

Comment

I plugged two of the rebar holes with foil and let the temp come down, it was between 240-260 and the sticks hit 152 in about an hour. They are really good, not as dry or or hard as the ones my father-in-law makes, I think he likes them more like a jerky stick.

Comment

• HC in SC
        HC in SC commented
        Editing a comment
        Right on - good thinking. We have a local venison processor that makes venison slim jims that are jam-up, so I have yet to try making them, or jerky for that matter, myself yet. Maybe the PBC is an option....hmmm

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here