Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tying a butt to hang the whole cook....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tying a butt to hang the whole cook....

Tie the string (along with its partner) that the hook will go under first. That way you can come over that string with another, securing it even better, or betta, as Andrew Ucles would say on YouTube. I was able to get the top strings close enough to the sides so that the hook goes behind those too.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010080.JPG
Views:	117
Size:	158.2 KB
ID:	117745

Name:	P1010079.JPG
Views:	107
Size:	163.8 KB
ID:	117744

Should be interesting to see if it falls in or not. And if it does a little charcoal never hurt anyone

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      This won't be the first I've hung the whole cook. Most butts I cook stay the whole cook. None have ever fallen.
      Last edited by Jerod Broussard; October 25, 2015, 07:29 AM.

Little crammed to start. However, at the 5 hour mark the brisket had plenty bark on the fat cap (specific positioning for that purpose.) Auber kept temp in the 260-264 range.

Then out came the GREAT-GRATE!! Worked beautifully to place the brisket fat cap up to bark up the flat. Reset the Auber for 250. Little butt at 171 internal.

Name:	P1010083.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	195.1 KB
ID:	117790 Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010084.JPG
Views:	103
Size:	165.6 KB
ID:	117791

Comment

1,000% humidity that has been around since Friday afternoon required a slight reload on the charcoal. I under filled a little too much.

FYI- a Weber chimney will not fit in the gap of a Great-Grate.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here