Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Back into it! PBC or OJB.. or Gateway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bbqLuv
    replied
    Pellet grill. Replace your pellet grill.

Leave a comment:

• HawkerXP
    commented on 's reply
    ..., ..., ...!

• klflowers
    commented on 's reply
    Who is this masquerading as Hawker XP??? Your account been hacked???

• Byrang
    commented on 's reply
    Good point, I can always grab a PBC if I don't like the alternative.

• HawkerXP
    replied
    PBC, PBJ, PBX!

Since you've already had a PBC maybe branch out and try something new?

Leave a comment:

• KuntaLeroy
    replied
    I'm just a plain ole weekend warrior with a slightly modified PBC and the SNS Deluxe setup. They do it all. It's all in how well you know your rigs.

Leave a comment:

• Old Glory
    replied
    Check out the Weber Summit Charcoal grill. It is a fantastic cooker. Both a kettle and a Kamado. Paired with a Pellet Cooker you have lots of versatility.

Leave a comment:

• Uncle Bob
    replied
    The Bronco does, in fact, offer better temp control, and that characteristic carries over to the larger Pro to compete with the 55 gal class. I enjoy that the primary grate is at lid level with roughly 6" of head room under the lid and a very good woven gasket on the lid. Many Weber 22" accessories (grates especially) fit like they were made for it. In the actual barrels the Gateway is fine, but I think the temp control in the Hunsaker is slightly better, and the grate hanging system is much better. But back to the Bronco Pro, it's still only $700 beans while the Gateway and Hunsaker are now well over $1k.............makes the Bronco an outright steal for features coupled with price.............that equals superior value.

Leave a comment:

• LA Pork Butt
    replied
    I think for a drum smoker the OK Bronco has a superior venting system.

Leave a comment:

• Dadof3Illinois
    commented on 's reply
    +1

• Byrang
    commented on 's reply
    Amen! I did enjoy setting the Yoder and going to bed.

• klflowers
    replied
    I vote for the kettle and another pellet grill. You had the Yoder; pelleteers are just so convenient for weeknight or I don't feel like lighting a fire stuff. Then again, I am a lazy man, so...

Leave a comment:

• Panhead John
    replied
    I heartily endorse the SNS Kettle and the Bronco! As mentioned here many times, the SNS will do almost anything you need to do, with the SnS insert and a vortex and….the SNS has several handy features not found on a "comparable" Weber. I have no experience with a PBC or a Gateway, but…..I love my Bronco and its’ stable temps….and just the overall great job it does with smoking.
    Last edited by Panhead John; December 8, 2021, 02:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

• wrgilb
    replied
    I've got the PBC and the 55 gal. Gateway drum smoker. Use them both, just depending on the quantity I need to do. I've also got the SNS kettle and a dozen other cookers, but that's another story.
    Last edited by wrgilb; December 8, 2021, 04:03 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dadof3Illinois
    replied
    my 2 cents for what it's worth is to get a weber 26" kettle and another larger smoker maybe like the Yoder YS640. You already have the cinder block pit so this would give you different levels of smoke and the ability to choose how big of a cooker you need for the job?

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here