Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2nd Cook On The Pit Barrel Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2nd Cook On The Pit Barrel Smoker

I needed to come over here and just say "WoW!"

This was my second cook with the PBC tonight. Nothing fancy. Chicken thighs we had intended to grill the other night but we had run out of propane. Fired up the PBC, placed a little of their all purpose seasoning on them and added hickory chips.

Let it smoke/cook with the lid on for 35 minutes and then flipped and put some Sweet Baby Ray's Spicy sauce on them. 5 more minutes and flipped again, added some sauce and cooked for the last 5 minutes.

They were delicious. The best part is the super model really enjoyed them too. She is very pleased with the performance of this smoker so far.

She requested ribs for Sunday!

Keep rolling so you can season it up really well. It is crazy the product that thing turns out.

I have nothing planned. Ribs can always be scheduled.

Brisket is up to $3.48/lb at the cheapest place in town. Was $1.98/lb early this year. Hopefully I can hit a Labor Day sale and fill up the freezer somewhat.

Comment

Excellent, atlpbc! I've never done wings and this weekend might be the time.

Jerod, oh how I'd love to see that price in Upstate NY. It's x2 here on sale!

Comment

• JPP
        JPP commented
        Editing a comment
        I second that! don't you love living in the northeastern US?

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here