Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trust the PBC!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trust the PBC!

Wow....I was certain this rib cook was going to be a disaster, and yet.....I ended up making the best ribs I've ever cooked.

I did the 15-10-10 lighting method, with which I had had such great success last time, but for whatever reason, the fire got away from me. PBC was at 450 F at the start of the last "10" and 380 F at the end. I put the ribs on anyway.

Due to another outside project (electrical) that required my full attention and was frustrating me out of my mind, I didn't get to check on the ribs until two and a half hours into the cook. The PBC ran basically 380 to 300 F during that time. The ribs were done, perfect pull back on the bones at 2.5 hours in.

But as I needed to finish up the electrical project, I left them in for another 30 minutes. I finally pulled them at the 3 hour mark. Probe-tender like butter. Sauced them up, and let them cool slightly.

SO GOOD. Best ribs I have ever done. The PBC is a rib machine! And if it runs a little overly hot, your food will not burn up. (I am sure that cutting my ribs in half and also hanging them helped immensely.)

Well, guess we just gotta take your word for it. Nary a pic. 😱

Comment

Here they are! Just two....and taken after 3/4 of a rack was already devoured.

Comment

Congrats. "Best ever" is always great.

Comment

I did some in my $1800+ Traeger and my wife said never again. Ribs are only to be done in the $350 PBC from now on. So, yes, the PBC is a rib/chicken/pork butt/brisket machine.

Comment

PBC, PBC, PBC!

Comment

You are correct the PBC is a rib making machine. You have to try pretty hard to mess it up.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here