Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My plan of attack for PBC ribs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huh....as it often goes in BBQ, these turned out to be some of the best ribs I've ever smoked! Definitely, without question, the most moist I've ever done.

Cutting the racks in half really helped. I think that will be the standard for me from now on. I also really like the 15-10-10 method and may adopt that for all future cooks.

Crazy how moist these ribs were....no spritzing, no wrapping, just 3.5 hours total smoke time in the PBC.

And as for my concerns about curing the ribs.....I do think that having the rub on there for two days did do something, but the effect was minimal, almost undetectable. They certainly did not taste like ham.

I still need to continue to experiment with rubs. The BBQ Rub is a great rub, but its a base rub. This needed "something else," and I just need to figure out what that something else is. (Might sauce next time, too.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-4634.JPG
Views:	206
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	1007093

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
    No announcement yet.
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Yes
    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here