Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winterized my UDS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winterized my UDS

In the past I would use a welding blanket, which worked great for my Weber Kettle grill. So I figured i would try water heater insulation. So far it is working well, smoking some beef back ribs as we speak
    Attached Files

Just pulled the beef back ribs out of the snoker
    Attached Files

Comment

This looks like the same material I just wrapped my COS with. Working great so far. It didn't do too well on the end just above the firebox, but everywhere else it survived intact and seemed to really do a pretty good job of insulating. I could hold my hand right on it for a good while and it was just warm. It also seemed to do s good job of keeping there rain from dropping the cook chamber temps

Comment

In the high 40s today, seemed to keep the heat pretty good. Didn’t seem to burn through more charcoal so thats good.

Comment

Great idea! Maybe I'll try to track some of that stuff down. If you don't my asking, what did that cost you roughly?

Comment

• Roebuck45
            Roebuck45 commented
            Editing a comment
            Cost a little over $20. Got it at Ace Hardware.

Brilliant!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here