Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pro Q excel - any feedback or reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro Q excel - any feedback or reviews

Looking at ordering a new smoker during the week and have been eyeing the pro q linked below for a while. Anyone got any experience or feedback on these

Attached Files

These are made by Mac's BBQ. They also make Napoleon's Apollo line, which is better known here in North America.

Comment

Those doors are tiny.

Comment

Taken a gamble this morning and have ordered 1. Hope it'll be here for the weekend

Comment

So new toy arrived this morning but won't get a chance to use till weekend. 1st impressions are it look goods and nice amount of space on. Like the latches on the side for tightening the sections together and lid but will be interesting to see if they leak when cooking. The metal feels a little lighter compared to a Weber and the water pan sits very close under the bottom grate. The doors are about 4.5 inches wide do ok for a few chunks or lumps of coal to be added. Also picked up an injector so will be using that to inject a pork shoulder which isn't simmering I've done before
          Attached Files

Comment

Congrats on your new smoker !! Happy Smoken and show us some pics once you smoked something .

Comment

Nice!

Comment

So I used my new ProQ smoker yesterday for the 1st cook. Pork shoulder, 4 sheets of spare ribs and 4 individual belly ribs.

Pros
                Good smoker, holds the heat very well even with a bit of leakage around where the sections join. Got 6 hours out of the 1st load of coals I had on. The 2 racks can hold a good amount of food. Got 4 sheets on 1 rack lying down aster the photo was taken. Really good size waterpan

Cons
                The doors are a bit on the small side so access to the waterpan and coals is akward. The 2 tier rack makes it awkward to get at the meat on bottom and trying to lift the top rack with stuff on it doesnt help. The water pan while a really good size sits right above the coals so evaporates very quickly

Over all 1 cook down Im very happy with it and think i will it use for smoking more then the weber kettle or the offset smoker i have
                Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here