Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hunsaker drum smokers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunsaker drum smokers

Hunsaker Smokers are competition-grade BBQ drum smokers designed and built in the USA to help you master every cook. We build quality vortex drum smokers, ugly drum smoker parts, and WSM & Kettle accessories.

I was in my local BBQ outlet today, and I saw the Hunsaker drum smokers on display. I'd never heard of them, but I got to get hands on with one, and I am intrigued by them. They look to be well built, and have some interesting built-in features that I do not have on my PBC. The "vortex" plate doesn't actually spin as I initially thought, but rather it creates a vortex in air movement to "prevent hot spots" according to the literature. I love my PBC, but I like the idea of moving from a 30 gallon drum to a 55 gallon drum.

Does anyone here have any experience with these?

Some have, seems quite a few have moved on from the more $$$ drums like the Hunsaker. I'd opt for a 55 gal. Bronco.

Comment

Agreed the Hunsakers seem overpriced for what they are. If you like the PBC why not a PBX?

Check out our 22.5" PBX drum smoker. This large charcoal grill and smoker is perfect for all of your large parties and events. Shop our PBX here.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
        Jerod Broussard commented
        Editing a comment
        Too heavy for no wheels, my only beef.

• STEbbq
        STEbbq commented
        Editing a comment
        Agreed on no wheels etc. Normally I’d suggest a Bronco too but I did notice PBC parts are interchangeable so figured that could be a plus.

• Jfrosty27
        Jfrosty27 commented
        Editing a comment
        Just add a barrel dolly for wheels?

I have no experiance with Hunsaker drum smokers but i have watched plenty of videos from Cooking with Ry and he's a big fan of them.
      If i recall, he mentions he actually paid for his Hunsaker drum smoker even though they use his Youtube videos on their website.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here