Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Apollo Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Apollo Owner

Doesn't seem like there are allot of Apollo owners out there as I rarely see them discussed. I think I found one guy on Utube.
    I've had mine a dozen yrs and have made enough mods to get it to perform to my liking. I'm actually shopping for a new cooker now but will keep using the Apollo as a backup

If I can help you spend your money, then check out TraegerGrills.com. The start of the pellet grill revolution.
    Happy Grilling to you.

Comment

Are we talking the Apollo bullet style smoker by Napoleon, which is a knock off of the Weber Smokey Mountain bullet style smoker, or are we talking about something entirely different that I don't know about? I.e. charcoal in the bottom, water pan, and two cooking grates up top?

Comment

• ProspectSmoker
        ProspectSmoker commented
        Editing a comment
        We're definitely talking the same cooker although ive always thought of it as either a copy or rebranding of the British ProQ smoker. Ive had it 10 or 11 years now and have reengineered it to meet my needs. I just added a SNS kettle to my arsenal so time will tell how I continue to use it.
        I'm finding the SNS to be superior under all conditions except capacity

• jfmorris
        jfmorris commented
        Editing a comment
        ProspectSmoker I use a rib rack to fit up to 5 racks of ribs on a kettle with the SNS. A rib rack and an elevated grate go a long way to extending your capacity. You do have to rotate things halfway through the cook if you do that though, as it is hotter higher up in the dome.

Welcome from Minnesota.

Comment

Welcome from Virginia!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here