Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blues Hog Gateway Drum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blues Hog Gateway Drum

Getting ready to season it! Likely won't ever be this shiny on the inside again. I don't see how the graphics will last either, they're decals.

Can't wait to see / hear how it goes... Not a lot of Gateway users on here that speak up.... Been curious to see what an actual user thinks!

Comment

Nice cooker. I'm also interested to see what you think. Also wonder what kind of decals they're using. I agree with you I Can't see how they'll last.

Comment

I love my PBC but I'm so curious about these. They're pretty cookers and I like the idea of having to mess with intakes, etc. Excited to hear more!

Comment

Regarding the decals, Gateway responds:
          The graphics will hold up about the same as the paint. We do both heavy duty vinyl and custom paint which I would say are good to 450 degrees. So as long as you don’t leave the lid off or get crazy, they will last a long time. Note: we do not warranty the paint or graphics, but if you follow our included instructions, they will last.
          Last edited by Max Good; July 5, 2016, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Burn in done! Held 300 for 3 solid hours. Coals left to add lump for cooking ribs. Cut slab in half, didn't remove the membrane, hung on cooking rack with PBC hooks. 2 hours, no peaking allowed!

Comment

Photos...

Comment

4.5 hour cook

Comment

• CandySueQ
                  CandySueQ commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Nice!

• Breadhead
                  Breadhead commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good cook...👍

• Nate
                  Nate commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is a heck of bend test on a brisket! very nice!

Ribs wrapped! Less than 2 hours. PHoto is dark.

Comment

Pretty cooker and I would bet they used high temperature decals. 300°F no problem, but i might not try to get it above 360°F.

Comment

Great avatar CandySueQ!

Comment

Fits me! I am so full! 2 1/2 hour baby backs! Delicious and perfect tenderness for KCBS. Sides were Bush's original doctored with mustard and bbq sauce and mustard potato salad. Dessert sliced nectarines and blue bell no sugar ice cream. Gateway Drum shuts off tight just like BGE. Got to get the rib hanging rack!

Comment

• Nate
                        Nate commented
                        Editing a comment
                        So is this going to replace that new trailer you just got?

• fuzzydaddy
                        fuzzydaddy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Congrats on your cook. Now I'm hungry again!

• Breadhead
                        Breadhead commented
                        Editing a comment
                        CandySueQ ... The Queen Bee of the MCS gang.👍

Does this new cooker take your cooker inventory up to 16?

Very nice results

Comment

Wow that is a beaut!

Comment

It looks like a winner to me. Click image for larger version

Name:	awesome.gif
Views:	592
Size:	17.4 KB
ID:	190606
                          Last edited by RonB; July 4, 2016, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here