Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would you do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you do?

I am taking possession of a used BQ VDS medium. I already have someone trying to trade me out of it. They are offering a Myron Mixon 48” H2O. What would y’all do?

Click image for larger version

Name:	4E02AD56-47E0-4AB8-88A7-0B05FB0698E6.jpeg
Views:	290
Size:	19.3 KB
ID:	768757Click image for larger version

Name:	218A448C-501D-441F-AF02-4C2F28505163.jpeg
Views:	264
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	768758

I have no idea. That I think qualifies as a Cadillac problem.

Comment

Wow two awesome choices. I would say listen to your gut and give it what it wants. 😁

Comment

I have never been in those shoes but if you have problems deciding I’ve got a Weber Smokey Joe I’ll trade you for either one.

Comment

Nice looking smokers.

Comment

BQ always suspicious of celebrity branded stuff.

Comment

I know nothing about either one, but is capacity a consideration? As often said here, I've never heard anyone complain about too much capacity...

Comment

I've always been a double exhaust pipe fan so.....

Comment

PaulstheRibList has a Myron Mixon cooker that is similar if I remember correctly​​​​​​. Maybe he could chime in and give you some insight.

Comment

I am with Andrrr except instead of a smoky joe I have an old kettle.

Comment

• HawkerXP
                      HawkerXP commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I'll even trade my ……p....p……..p….. I can't say it.

• klflowers
                      klflowers commented
                      Editing a comment
                      PBC hurt feelings after that comment. It will never run the same.

Originally posted by Nate View Post
                    PaulstheRibList has a Myron Mixon cooker that is similar if I remember correctly​​​​​​. Maybe he could chime in and give you some insight.
                    Don't know anything about the BQ VDS Medium, except that it looks like a really well made vault style cooker.

The Myron Mixon H20 is not a vault, it is a Stickburner. You guys know me - I'm a No on Vaults and a Yes to Stickburners. I want a fully engaged flame, not one where we cut the flame to smoulder to keep the compustion tamped and the heat down. Yes, vaults can give you a long, low temp burn, but I prefer the flavor from a fully engaged fire. That 48" H2O will give you some great backyard smoking space as a stickburner. I would want one at my house to throw parties!

What questions do you have about the H2O SavageSmoke ?

Comment

Thanks for all the advice. I think for now, I’m gonna stay with the cabinets as that’s what I’m used to. Maybe an H2O is in my future.

Click image for larger version

Name:	B3CF7F42-C3B2-464E-A1B3-01B876DB6814.jpeg
Views:	223
Size:	236.7 KB
ID:	769147

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here