Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Insulated Cabinet Water Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insulated Cabinet Water Smoker

Below is a link to a video about Lone Star Grillz insulated cabinet water smokers. Two of the things I like about the Lone Star Grillz smokers compared to Backwoods (I own a Backwoods G2 Party) are that they have stainless steel racks instead of nickle plated ones, and a ball valve to control temperatures instead of vents with sliding doors. The cooking racks in the larger Lone Star Grillz smoker are 24" X 27", and 22" X 17" in the smaller one. So the smaller one is more comparable in size to my Backwoods G2 Party, whose cooking racks are 22" X 15.5". The larger of the two in the video sells for $2,795, and the smaller one sells for $2,370. The Backwoods G2 Party sells for $2,745.

It looks like to me that they are serious competition to Backwoods Smokers.

Lone Star Grillz can be your one stop shop for buying the best quality BBQ smokers and grills. Reach us for all types of standard and custom options in budget.
    Last edited by RAmorris; June 16, 2017, 12:00 PM.

LSG is no joke. I have one of their offsets. It's the real deal.

Comment

I'm currently saving for the Vertical, Lone Star is about 3 hrs from me.

Comment

• DWCowles
        DWCowles commented
        Editing a comment
        I just past them the other day coming out of Houston. They all on the I-45 service road. Wish I had time to stop.

I will own an LSG smoker someday. I'm still just trying to decide which one. I am so envious of everyone who has one of these.

Comment

LSG is the real deal. The next Pit I buy will be a LSG

Comment

Looking at the video about Lone Star Grillz insulated cabinet water smokers, and reading the responses to it, why hasn't Amazing Ribs done a review and rating of it? I would think that Max Good would be eager to review these smokers. Max, would you care to comment?

Comment

In the process of seasoning my Humphreys pint that I just received today. They seem very similar to the LSG so any tips we can share would be great.

Comment

This would be my dream child from them...... I really like this design.....

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                Jerod Broussard commented
                Editing a comment
                That was my first choice, the 24 x 30, only problem would be the overall weight and where I need to get it. It actually offers more cooking area than the large vertical insulated model for less, until you add the insulated firebox, then it gets pretty close.

There is a difference in how the two smokers work though. The backwoods has the heat and smoke flow around the chamber and enter from the top and then exit from the bottom. Sort of a reverse flow setup for a vertical smoker. The LSG allows the smoke to go around the water pan and exit the top more like an extra large WSM with insulation. Not saying one is better than the other, but is worth noting they are not the same style. Backwoods claims the reverse style gives more even heat and smoke, but I know a guy that claims to have caught a 20lb bass so take it for what that's worth.

Comment

Straight from the "maybe someday" list, these are made less than 200 miles away from me. Seem pretty similar to the Backwoods mentioned here, but include a bit more stuff as standard.

Comment

• sos2979
                  sos2979 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yep, these are reverse flow like the Backwoods. Be curious to try both and see if the reverse flow on a vertical smoker really makes any difference.

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here