Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sous Vide Chilled Wine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sous Vide Chilled Wine

i saw on a Reddit post someone used the Sous Vide as a chiller. They turned the temp down to 30 and added ice. I may have to give it a try with a Shiner beer. Anybody else try that?

It will only circulate. When the ice melts and the water temp rises it will just circulate the warming water. An ice chest is probably the best solution and won't need an electrical cord.
    Last edited by Bkhuna; June 2, 2019, 08:58 AM.

Comment

As long as the water is cold to begin with, sure, it'll function just like the wine-chillers you see in the stores. Just don't expect it to cool the water down! You'll have to start cold. It becomes a circulator at that point, rather than using the heating element.

Comment

Right, they filled the tub part ice and part water. I suspect the heating element never went on. I’m a daredevil and will risk my Shiner beer for the sake of science...

Comment

Have done. Works fine. Will circulate cold water. At least Joule will. Maintains temp to 38* or so.

Comment

Works awesome. Chills a bottle of wine in no time

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here