Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Gin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Favorite Gin.

Comment

Beefeater

Comment

• bbqLuv
        bbqLuv commented
        Editing a comment
        Ditto, hands downs.

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        I do enjoy a Beefeater martini.

Anybody try Aviation Gin?

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes. It's a locally made gin. I've certainly enjoyed a bottle or two. It's apparently now celebrity owned.

• mgaretz
        mgaretz commented
        Editing a comment
        Yep, Ryan Reynolds (Deadpool).

Plymouth. *Drops the mic*

Comment

Usually Hendrix or Plymouth. My brother in law gave me a bottle of Dryfly Gin recently and I thought it was good. He hated it.

Comment

• JoeSousa
          JoeSousa commented
          Editing a comment
          I tried Dry Fly gin once. They are a hometown brand about 4 miles from me. Didn't particularly care for it but still have it in my cupboard. Might need to give it another shot.

If you are in the North Carolina area, try Mystic 57 Navy Strength Gin from Mystic Farm & Distillery in Durham. https://whatismystic.com/product/mys...-strength-gin/ It is incredibly clean with light citrus notes.

Their Heart of Mystic bourbon is very nice (coming from a person who does not drink a lot of bourbon. It is very "caramelly" so it goes down really smooth without a harsh bite.

Comment

Botanist
          Monkey 47
          Roku
          Sipsmith
          Brokers

love G&Ts must be Fever Tree Tonic.

This guy does a bunch of Gin reviews. He is pretty amusing.

Last edited by Old Glory; October 5, 2021, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• shify
            shify commented
            Editing a comment
            Botanist and Sipsmith are two of my favorites, as well.

Plymouth also features heavily in my rotation.

• Old Glory
            Old Glory commented
            Editing a comment
            shify I definitely need to try Plymouth!

Oxley

Comment

Hendricks and/or Bombay Blue Sapphire. Both well worth the upcost.

Comment

Bombay Blue for Martinis, Tanqueray for mixing.

Comment

• smokin fool
                smokin fool commented
                Editing a comment
                I could never got into the martini thing, I tried, ended up in bed early every time.

Geese what a bump. I agree with Murdy. Matter of fact was at a weekday convention last week and drank a half a bottle of Tanqueray. When he said he had no more, the barkeep switched me to Plymouth. I was either too drunk or didn't care but couldn't tell the difference.

Comment

• Murdy
                Murdy commented
                Editing a comment
                My Mom likes Blue Sapphire, but she uses Seagram's as a mixing gin, and she's pretty picky about what she drinks.

• Dewesq55
                Dewesq55 commented
                Editing a comment
                wu7y - My good friend used to say about martinis, "One's not enough, two's 2 many but 3 is JUST RIGHT!"

And then there's the old saw, "1 martini, 2 martini, 3 martini, FLOOR!"

• surfdog
                surfdog commented
                Editing a comment
                wu7y Reminds me of a poem, usually attributed to Dorothy Parker…though it seems unlikely that she said it, and also never wrote it down. Still, it’s humourous.

“I like to have a martini,
                Two at the very most,
                After three I’m under the table,
                After four I’m under the host.”

St. Laurent Gin. It is macerated with seaweed and gives it a tiny briny finish that is amazeballs. Used to be you could only get it in Quebec province but they just started distributing to States.

St. Laurent Gin is a breath of salt-sea air, of powerful herbaceous and floral notes interspersed by a pine aroma reminiscent of the Quebec boreal forest. It’s a complex gin born of an unlikely union of spices hailing from the four corners of the globe and seaweed of the St. Lawrence River.

Distilled in small batches in Rimouski, St. Laurent Gin is an authentic all-natural hand-crafted gin. After a steam infusion of exotic spices in a custom designed gin-basket, our gin is slowly macerated with laminaria seaweed hand-harvested in the Bas-Saint-Laurent region.

Comment

• smokin fool
                smokin fool commented
                Editing a comment
                Never heard of that brand in particular but Gin distillation has gone thru the roof up here in the sticks.
                Beating the crap out of beer sales in Smashes and other mixed concoctions.

• cosmo
                cosmo commented
                Editing a comment
                Agree SmokinFool - so many bottles in across the board. Bourbon/whiskey, vodka, gin. Even beer - everyone is in the game.

NoDispute.... Nolet's. You can't go wrong with their Ketel One either...

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	B8B9916E-CA04-4EA6-B4B8-FAE3E9089C8D.jpeg Views:	3 Size:	259.2 KB ID:	1105770
                this is a repeat picture. This distillery does all local ingredients. Tons of fun! It’s super herbaceous and they are friends of mine. I also enjoy henricks and aviation. And is there really a season for g&t’s? 🎉
                Last edited by SheilaAnn; October 6, 2021, 12:19 AM. Reason: Cuz I don’t spell good using the tablet.

Comment

• JGo37
                  JGo37 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I love Ryan, but not his gin..

• surfdog
                  surfdog commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes actually, but there are only four seasons for G&Ts.

Bombay Sapphire
                Plymouth
                Boodles

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here