Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Gin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surfdog
    replied
    I generally pick up whatever is in my eye line when picking up “essentials.”
    Vermouth OTOH…Noilly Prat hands down. Even if they are owned by Martini & Rossi.

Leave a comment:

• surfdog
    commented on 's reply
    Yes actually, but there are only four seasons for G&Ts.

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    I do enjoy a Beefeater martini.

• surfdog
    commented on 's reply
    wu7y Reminds me of a poem, usually attributed to Dorothy Parker…though it seems unlikely that she said it, and also never wrote it down. Still, it’s humourous.

“I like to have a martini,
    Two at the very most,
    After three I’m under the table,
    After four I’m under the host.”

• JoeSousa
    commented on 's reply
    I tried Dry Fly gin once. They are a hometown brand about 4 miles from me. Didn't particularly care for it but still have it in my cupboard. Might need to give it another shot.

• zero_credit
    commented on 's reply
    I think we can be friends Troutman

• Wedunne
    replied
    Our usual go-to is Bombay Sapphire. But our favorite comes from a local distillery called Oakhurst Spirits in Oakhurst, CA, just south of Yosemite. Among the botanicals they use are wild juniper berries from Yosemite National Park. Apparently you're allowed to take a small quantity out of the park, and it doesn't take much for a batch of gin. The gin is excellent, as are all their spirits.

Leave a comment:

• Craigar
    replied
    Rieger's out of KC is pretty tasty. Tom Nichol of Tanqueray fame had a hand in developing this gin.

https://www.jriegerco.com/our-spirits/gin

Leave a comment:

• Dr ROK
    replied
    Edinburgh Gin - https://www.edinburghgin.com. Had it when we visited Scotland a few years back. Looked for it all over the place and couldn't find it. My son was a member of a "booze by mail" club and was able to order some. One day on my way home from Colorado, I stopped in a liquor store in Cheyenne, WY and there it was. I now stop there every time I go through Cheyenne! I love the Christmas blend!
    Last edited by Dr ROK; October 6, 2021, 06:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• au4stree
    replied
    I tend to keep Plymouth and Tanqueray around. I never really made a distinction between my favorite for martinis, mixes or with tonics. It all works for me.

I do like Tanqueray Rangpur in the summertime when I usually drink more tonics and Tom Collins.

Leave a comment:

• Smokepoint
    replied
    Huge fan of Plymouth. Especially in martinis. As a mixer, I often reach for Beefeater.

Leave a comment:

• zero_credit
    replied
    Kirkland gin is excellent and probably probably Gordon's or Tanqueray.

https://www.mashed.com/190122/who-ac...-kirkland-gin/

Leave a comment:

• cosmo
    replied
    I mean anything derived from grain can be compared to grain alcohol in its origin. Gin is actually derived from jenever/genever which is made in Amsterdam/Belgium. All of the stuff it that comes after is just flavor profile.

Leave a comment:

• cosmo
    commented on 's reply
    Agree SmokinFool - so many bottles in across the board. Bourbon/whiskey, vodka, gin. Even beer - everyone is in the game.

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    I know right? All this name dropping of craft gins. It's freaking grain alcohol people with a little wisp of flavoring. I've got a bathtub up stairs I'm thinking about making my own in. Maybe I'll post a naming poll for Troutman's Gin !!!!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis