Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Favorite Gin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• surfdog
    replied
    I generally pick up whatever is in my eye line when picking up "essentials."
    Vermouth OTOH…Noilly Prat hands down. Even if they are owned by Martini & Rossi.

Leave a comment:

• surfdog
    commented on 's reply
    Yes actually, but there are only four seasons for G&Ts.

• Richard Chrz
    commented on 's reply
    I do enjoy a Beefeater martini.

• surfdog
    commented on 's reply
    wu7y Reminds me of a poem, usually attributed to Dorothy Parker…though it seems unlikely that she said it, and also never wrote it down. Still, it’s humourous.

“I like to have a martini,
    Two at the very most,
    After three I’m under the table,
    After four I’m under the host.”

• JoeSousa
    commented on 's reply
    I tried Dry Fly gin once. They are a hometown brand about 4 miles from me. Didn't particularly care for it but still have it in my cupboard. Might need to give it another shot.

• STEbbq
    commented on 's reply
    I think we can be friends Troutman

• Wedunne
    replied
    Our usual go-to is Bombay Sapphire. But our favorite comes from a local distillery called Oakhurst Spirits in Oakhurst, CA, just south of Yosemite. Among the botanicals they use are wild juniper berries from Yosemite National Park. Apparently you're allowed to take a small quantity out of the park, and it doesn't take much for a batch of gin. The gin is excellent, as are all their spirits.

Leave a comment:

• Craigar
    replied
    Rieger's out of KC is pretty tasty. Tom Nichol of Tanqueray fame had a hand in developing this gin.

Midwestern Dry Gin is inspired by the traditional London Dry Gins that famously emphasize the spicy and aromatic character of mature Juniper berries. By selecting only the finest botanicals from around the world, the result is bold, full-flavored Gin with layers of aroma and a complexity of flavor that makes it perfect for sipping on the rocks or ideal for classic cocktails.

Leave a comment:

• Dr ROK
    replied
    Edinburgh Gin - https://www.edinburghgin.com. Had it when we visited Scotland a few years back. Looked for it all over the place and couldn't find it. My son was a member of a "booze by mail" club and was able to order some. One day on my way home from Colorado, I stopped in a liquor store in Cheyenne, WY and there it was. I now stop there every time I go through Cheyenne! I love the Christmas blend!
    Last edited by Dr ROK; October 6, 2021, 06:02 PM.

Leave a comment:

• au4stree
    replied
    I tend to keep Plymouth and Tanqueray around. I never really made a distinction between my favorite for martinis, mixes or with tonics. It all works for me.

I do like Tanqueray Rangpur in the summertime when I usually drink more tonics and Tom Collins.

Leave a comment:

• Smokepoint
    replied
    Huge fan of Plymouth. Especially in martinis. As a mixer, I often reach for Beefeater.

Leave a comment:

• STEbbq
    replied
    Kirkland gin is excellent and probably probably Gordon's or Tanqueray.

Costco is incredibly popular for a reason, and the store brand products, Kirkland Signature, have something to do with it, especially in the booze aisle. Kirkland Signature London Dry Gin has earned an 89 score from Tastings for its "crisp, dry light body" and "effortless" finish. But who makes it?

Leave a comment:

• cosmo
    replied
    I mean anything derived from grain can be compared to grain alcohol in its origin. Gin is actually derived from jenever/genever which is made in Amsterdam/Belgium. All of the stuff it that comes after is just flavor profile.

Leave a comment:

• cosmo
    commented on 's reply
    Agree SmokinFool - so many bottles in across the board. Bourbon/whiskey, vodka, gin. Even beer - everyone is in the game.

• Troutman
    commented on 's reply
    I know right? All this name dropping of craft gins. It's freaking grain alcohol people with a little wisp of flavoring. I've got a bathtub up stairs I'm thinking about making my own in. Maybe I'll post a naming poll for Troutman's Gin !!!!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here