Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry July

Anyone else doing Dry July?

I’m dry 25 days out of any random 30 regardless, so, no, not here.

Comment

🤔 We had 1.59 inches of rain here last night so I’m out.

Comment

i'm not much of a gin drinker

Comment

Nope, but I'll do sober October this year.

Comment

• Richard Chrz
            Richard Chrz commented
            Editing a comment
            I did January this year, and likely will do sober October as well.

• jhapka
            jhapka commented
            Editing a comment
            See you then. I did October last year and almost April this year but a bad day of flooring install got the better of me.

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            I always do January.

Every month.

Comment

• grantgallagher
            grantgallagher commented
            Editing a comment
            right there with ya

I don't do these. Seems silly to me. I don't drink much anymore but if a beer or a bourbon or wine goes with my food or my mood, I'll do one. Never been sure of why these are such a thing.
          Last edited by rickgregory; July 6, 2022, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            I'm with you. I suppose if one needs to for health or familial reasons, sure, but just cause it's a trend? Nah.

• texastweeter
            texastweeter commented
            Editing a comment
            I do lent, and if a friend needs a wagon partner for the first part.

I'm not much of a drinker either, but if I want somethin' I'm gonna have it.

Comment

Highly doubtful….I’m struggling with dry Monday’s.
            Last edited by Panhead John; July 6, 2022, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• texastweeter
              texastweeter commented
              Editing a comment
              You know you can pressurize hooch, release the pressure suddenly then huff the vapors? Odd that I know that...

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              Picked a bad day to stop sniffing glue.

I’m doing dry for the rest if my life. At least that’s the goal after some health issues popped up that need me to stop. About three months so far. Man I miss having a few beers though. 🤞🤞🤞

Comment

• ofelles
              ofelles commented
              Editing a comment
              One day at a time!

• Huskee
              Huskee commented
              Editing a comment
              Keep up the good work!

• Richard Chrz
              Richard Chrz commented
              Editing a comment
              Health often serves us options, and paths, sounds like you have chosen the one that brings out your best days. Stay centered.

We are in drought conditions here, and it is affecting crops.

Oh! Do you mean non-alcoholic July? . Too late. I had beer and vodka and bourbon on the 3rd and 4th...

Comment

• CandySueQ
              CandySueQ commented
              Editing a comment
              I knew what you meant and over here in the other "A" state it's parched too. Only thing going up is my water bill. Pretty bad when the weather girl teases with potential thunder storms... Salty Dog is my drink of preference right now.

• jfmorris
              jfmorris commented
              Editing a comment
              CandySueQ yeah... I feel like every day they tell me there will be a 50% chance of thunderstorms, but they never come here. I'm running my sprinkler system every other day, and the grass is barely alive. At least I am mowing less often... I cannot afford to run it an hour a day in each zone like it probably needs.

Did you mean dry-brine July? I'm in...

Comment

I can't lie to myself, no. Not during the summer. There's too much yard work, cookouts, and time outside with friends and family. I might give October a shot.

Comment

I'm not, but I should. My liver would celebrate.

Comment

no.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here