Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how to taste beer,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how to taste beer,

Dead Crow Beer, is bourbon flavored. I was thinking it may be fun to pair Old Crow with Dead Crow Back. During an internet search, I came across this video.

How to Taste Beer - YouTube

Even the "host" can't stop laughing about the BS he is being paid to spout!

Comment

Sorry. But when I’m drinking beer, any beer, I want it fairly cold, in a big glass, with a wide top so I can slam it down. I LOVE beer and tend to chug it. Beverage of the gods I say.

Comment

• Attjack
        Attjack commented
        Editing a comment
        My buddy from London will drink warm beer and likes it. Of course, he was drinking from unrefrigerated casks as a young lad.

• Richard Chrz
        Richard Chrz commented
        Editing a comment
        Attjack, the right beer I can drink absolutely warm. I even keep a few 5 and 6 year old treats to myself in my wife’s wine fridge, 60-65 is a perfect temp for some beers. One might have to ask why is cold a flavor?
        Last edited by Richard Chrz; February 26, 2022, 09:25 PM.

Originally posted by bbqLuv View Post
      Dead Crow Beer, is bourbon flavored. I was thinking it may be fun to pair Old Crow with Dead Crow Back. During an internet search, I came across this video.

How to Taste Beer - YouTube
      Do NOT try that with PBR.

Comment

I drink beer cold right out of the can. Bottles if I have company to impress.

Comment

• wu7y
          wu7y commented
          Editing a comment
          I have been known to chug cold beer from a sweaty western felt hat- but only if there was a leak in the can. Well, that and if there were only two of us in the hayfield and we only had one can of beer.

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Panhead John

Or an old mayonnaise jar.

Beverages Always taste mo bettah, outta Mason Jar, been tryin to impart his to folks fer several Generations...lol

• texastweeter
          texastweeter commented
          Editing a comment
          Mr. Bones had me some Garrison Brothers single Barrel in a mason jar last night. Tasted mighty fine.

How to taste PBR: Remove cap from bottle. Slide bottle of real beer under cap

Also works with Coors Light

Comment

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          😂😂😂

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          Ssscchhnnoooorrrttt!!!!

LMFAO!!!!!

I'm with Jfrosty27 I like it cold, like cooler filled with a combination of crushed ice and water cold, and down she goes. It's a known fact that after a couple taste doesn't matter anyway, it's buzz time. The guy in the video is a paid dbag. Don't bother to listen to him. Tasting beer out of a wine glass, are you kidding me?

Comment

• Troutman
          Troutman commented
          Editing a comment
          No because that would make me a dbag too !!!

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          Ratz....I'm a Dbag....didn't see that comin today!
          Sure it wasn't a beer chalice?
          If its a beer chalice, can I get my man card back....

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          After your glass of wine pouring a bourbon in the glass doesn't make you a douchebag. Quite the opposite. And, uh, we see your fancy food pics. Let's not be throwing stones.

After nearly 70 years I apparently do not know how to drink beer,,,,
        bottle, can or a bucket,,,,makes no difference to me,,,,,
        Temp wise,,,,,,it’s beer for goodness sakes,,,,just make sure there isn’t a stray cigarette butt in it from the nite before,,,
        and a few more memorable times of trying to bite the bottle cap off or trying to effectively smash a 12 oz can into your forehead just to show the girls it CAN be done,,,,
        but somebody told me recently,,,,” boy, are you old school !!! “

Comment

• smokin fool
          smokin fool commented
          Editing a comment
          BLAHHHH!!!!
          Nothing worse than picking up the wrong bottle and getting a mouthful of backwash and cigarette butts....

• Dick Anderson
          Dick Anderson commented
          Editing a comment
          Whooo! I've thrown up, and i might right now!

Taste....smaste....I'm going for effect, if I want taste I'll eat a popcycle.
        But yes, iced cold, snap, open throat....repeat process.

Comment

One must first begin with actual beer. PBR doesn't meet that bar.

Comment

If I wanted to drink flat beer with all the carbonation released, then I would pour it several times just like that haha. I do enjoy the different tastes & smells between the home brews I make, but it's all about gettin' it in ya!

My very favorite beer is a quality home brew, straight from the fridge, right after finishing the mowing on a stinking hot day. Absolutely nothing quenches the thirst better than that beer!!

Comment

What a load of crappy, crap crap! I never tasted beer, maybe that was my problem. AND restin beer? What are we cookin steaks here? NO! Cuz we don’t rest steaks either. Restin shmestin, tastin wastin!

Comment

• bbqLuv
              bbqLuv commented
              Editing a comment
              LOL, don't let a good wine breathe either. I am not talking Ripple, ThunderBird, or fortified wines.
              Last edited by bbqLuv; February 18, 2022, 09:06 PM.

I'll have to drag my half keg out of the kegerator and let it sit for an hour or two next time I'm ready to pour a warm one.

Comment

• HawkerXP
              HawkerXP commented
              Editing a comment
              Ack!

• FireMan
              FireMan commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah, see how ya like that! Ya can always pour it in a glass & let it git warm.

• smokin fool
              smokin fool commented
              Editing a comment
              Back in my beer slinging days people asked for a beer off the shelf if they had ulcers or stomach problems.
              I'm on the colder n hell side myself.

Bringing all the reasons I avoid wine snobs to beer. Yeah... NO!

Comment

• bbqLuv
              bbqLuv commented
              Editing a comment
              "Why I know," said Ned the wineo
              Last edited by bbqLuv; February 20, 2022, 08:07 AM.

Somebody get a rope...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here