Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
See more
See less

Carolina BBQ and Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
    Club Member
    • Jun 2018
    • Eastern NC
    • 2018 MAK 2 Star
      Charbroil Big Easy SRG

Carolina BBQ and Grill

This is a bit of a stretch putting this here, but they do serve food and will let you taste almost anything in the store...

Grill & BBQ Supplies, Sauces, Seasonings Equipment & Gear - Carolina BBQ & Grill (carolinabbqandgrill.com)

This place just opened up about a month ago, and we just kept forgetting to go even though we go downtown nearly every weekend. They are slowly increasing their footprint inside the store, on their website, and in our community.

When you first walk in they have a PK (which was nice to put hands on since I've been considering a PK Go), a BGE, a pair of M Grills C4 units, a couple GMG pellet units and various other accessories. One of the GMG units is loaded with pellets and is what they roll out the front door to aromatically advertise and serve lunch from time to time. They weren't having food yesterday when we went, but the reviews on social media are good.

Going back further into the store they have a few rows of spices and sauces (I now have a local value source of Blues Hog and Hardcore Carnivore, huzzah). The prices were in line with what most on-line places have the stuff, if not cheaper. And on the wall they have varies fuels, Lumberjack and GMG pellets, FOGO, and a few other lump choices, as well as seasoned splits.

It's obvious they are still stocking up the place but the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The wife found a hot sauce that is dill pickle, and the guy happily opened it up for a taste. While we were discussing what situations we would use it on, he called his partner to see if he'd used it and had any suggestions. While he hadn't had first hand use, it was still cool they made the attempt to figure it out. When we bought the sauce he tried to offer us an unopened bottle, but I can't do that to a small newly emerging store and we bought the one we just opened.

Luckily I escaped only spending 60 bucks, but I have a feeling I'll be visiting regularly. And if I hit them on a time they are serving BBQ I'll update this post with a review on that since this is a restaurant post after all.
  • Bkhuna
    Club Member
    • Apr 2019
    • Merritt Island Florida

Their web site is real pretty but skimpy on what they sell. They don't make an attempt to tell you what they sell, except for PK.
    Last edited by Bkhuna; April 11, 2021, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      yep, they just got it up so I would hope they keep improving it.
  • zero_credit
    Club Member
    • Mar 2020
    • Near Chicago, IL
    • Current Pride and Joy:

Masterbuilt Gravity 560

Joule

Old (sold) Loves:

PBC
      Weber 22" Premium

Thermometers:

Inkbird
      Thermoworks POP

Preferred Charcoal:

B&B Charlogs/B&B Lump

$60 for a bottle of dill pickle hot sauce sounds pricey.

😀

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      lol, got a handful of rubs and some pellets
  • zero_credit
    Club Member
    • Mar 2020
    • Near Chicago, IL
    • Current Pride and Joy:

Masterbuilt Gravity 560

Joule

Old (sold) Loves:

PBC
      Weber 22" Premium

Thermometers:

Inkbird
      Thermoworks POP

Preferred Charcoal:

B&B Charlogs/B&B Lump

It does sound like a really cool store though.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse

2021 Meat-Up In Memphis Canceled - Rescheduled for March 2022

We've unfortunately had to cancel the 2021 Meat-Up in Memphis. We are rescheduling for March 18-20, 2022. More details and re-booking info coming soon! For now click here for more info.
    See more
    See less
    Working...
    X
    false
    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
    false
    false
    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
    Meat-Up in Memphis