Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carolina BBQ and Grill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carolina BBQ and Grill

This is a bit of a stretch putting this here, but they do serve food and will let you taste almost anything in the store...

Grill & BBQ Supplies, Sauces, Seasonings Equipment & Gear - Carolina BBQ & Grill (carolinabbqandgrill.com)

This place just opened up about a month ago, and we just kept forgetting to go even though we go downtown nearly every weekend. They are slowly increasing their footprint inside the store, on their website, and in our community.

When you first walk in they have a PK (which was nice to put hands on since I've been considering a PK Go), a BGE, a pair of M Grills C4 units, a couple GMG pellet units and various other accessories. One of the GMG units is loaded with pellets and is what they roll out the front door to aromatically advertise and serve lunch from time to time. They weren't having food yesterday when we went, but the reviews on social media are good.

Going back further into the store they have a few rows of spices and sauces (I now have a local value source of Blues Hog and Hardcore Carnivore, huzzah). The prices were in line with what most on-line places have the stuff, if not cheaper. And on the wall they have various fuels, Lumberjack and GMG pellets, FOGO, and a few other lump choices, as well as seasoned splits.

It's obvious they are still stocking up the place but the staff was very friendly and accommodating. The wife found a hot sauce that is dill pickle, and the guy happily opened it up for a taste. While we were discussing what situations we would use it on, he called his partner to see if he'd used it and had any suggestions. While he hadn't had first hand use, it was still cool they made the attempt to figure it out. When we bought the sauce he tried to offer us an unopened bottle, but I can't do that to a small newly emerging store and we bought the one we just opened.

Luckily I escaped only spending 60 bucks, but I have a feeling I'll be visiting regularly. And if I hit them on a time they are serving BBQ I'll update this post with a review on that since this is a restaurant post after all.
    Last edited by ItsAllGoneToTheDogs; November 18, 2021, 02:00 PM.

Their web site is real pretty but skimpy on what they sell. They don't make an attempt to tell you what they sell, except for PK.
    Last edited by Bkhuna; April 11, 2021, 10:18 PM.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      ItsAllGoneToTheDogs commented
      Editing a comment
      yep, they just got it up so I would hope they keep improving it.

$60 for a bottle of dill pickle hot sauce sounds pricey.

đŸ˜€

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
      Editing a comment
      lol, got a handful of rubs and some pellets

It does sound like a really cool store though.

Comment

I went in today (I was still in uniform) and the owner refused let me pay for my bag of pellets... so I just bought 'em a gift membership to AR so maybe we'll see 'em soon here

Comment

I would love to support a new BBQ store in town. Here’s hoping one opens up that is as good as yours.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up about this place. I'll check it out next time I'm in the area.

Comment

• ItsAllGoneToTheDogs
            Editing a comment
            Look them up on Facebook, they have a raffle right now. 20 bucks a ticket limited to 200 total. Second prize is a PKGO. First prize is the new PKO and front stage tickets to some famous country dude concert.

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here