Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Joint - New Orleans. 100 mile Barbeque!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Joint - New Orleans. 100 mile Barbeque!

If you're a barbeque lover, make a trip to The Joint. The title, '100 Mile BBQ' infers that eating here would be worth a road trip of 100 miles! And by BBQ, I mean an eating experience that is truly traditional, cultural, and of course, delicious.

We were lucky enough to be in NOLA for my daughter's wedding. The Joint is located in the Bywater District and was within walking distance from the B&B where we stayed. The menu is a unique one full with bbq fare with a twist. A decent sized bar with a big beer selection. Prices are extremely reasonable - for example, my pulled pork sandwich with two sides was $9. Seating is botth indoor & outdoor and ordering is strictly counter style. The place was always clean & the service was friendly & first rate.

We ate here twice in 4 days and each time it was truly special. The first trip to The Joint was with 6 of us for a late lunch. Every plate served was fresh and delicious. Meals were delivered quickly. One couple ordered a pulled pork plate with one extra side and the portions were big enough for them have leftovers. I had pulled pork with greens as a side. The pork - perfectly cooked with mild flavor and served 'nekkid' so that sauce can be added later. The greens were so unique - a little sweeter than others but packed with fresh flavor. The second trip there was for take out garden salads and some cheesy grits. In my humble opinion, their house salad dressing is the best I ever had! I can't even describe the taste.The grits were perfect too - great texture & taste!

The preceding words do not befit The Joint. I ain't braggin, but I have had BBQ in every state south of the Mason-Dixon line. And this place is in my top 3 for sure!

I was on a short business trip to New Orleans last week and had a few hours time in the late afternoon, so I naturally used the time wisely and paid a visit to The Joint. I did not regret it! I tried the ribs and the pulled pork with 2 sides (cole slaw and mac & cheese) and everything was really delicious. I can confirm everything written above by Baller4Life. Fair prices, fast service and really tasty, fresh and good quality food. Just great, no-frills BBQ. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230317_165116.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	201.7 KB
ID:	1395560

Comment

I'm going to NOLA in a couple weeks. I will have to look this place up.

Comment

Don’t ferget @PaulsrtheRibList ! He do have a restaurant & purdy good fixins.

Comment

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          Except I am pretty sure his restaurant is in Lake Charles, 200 miles west of NOLA.

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes sir, it’s in Lake Charles….Paul’s Rib Shack. He’s a member here.

Been to the joint a few times. It is excellent but I am usually looking for Cajun food and seafood when I am there.

Comment

• klflowers
          klflowers commented
          Editing a comment
          Panhead John I'm in. Maybe in the fall? My summer is booked up through September but October would work

• Panhead John
          Panhead John commented
          Editing a comment
          klflowers Did we talk about this at the last MeatUp? Anyway, maybe I can put some feelers out next week with a new post. If there’s enough interest, I can start putting something together for the fall….October.

• TxF
          TxF commented
          Editing a comment
          I’m in for Lafayette, no need to have any BBQ while we’re there, I can find plenty when I get home.

I Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3918.png
Views:	88
Size:	233.1 KB
ID:	1516480
        I’ll be going to New Orleans in January. Looks like quite a hike to get there…

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          It's a straight shot if you swim part of the way.

• UncleSpike
          UncleSpike commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, well if there’s lots of beer there - as advertised - I guess I’ll be walking..

• Carolyn
          Carolyn commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like a good bit of that is the Riverwalk. I think it is a trail that is partially on the levee.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here