Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 Washington Post BBQ guide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2022 Washington Post BBQ guide

For D.C and surrounding areas. https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...virginia-2022/

Some interesting joint names.

Comment

And they claim to be Texas BBQ.
      If they have PBR I just might give them a try. If I ever get to DC.

Comment

I think this link will work if you are not a subscriber
        Some of the finest smoked meats in the area demand a drive. And who doesn't need a road trip right now?

Comment

Good article. The first place mentioned, Allman's BBQ, is run by a friend of mine. I met Matt Deaton at an Operation BBQ Relief deployment in West Virginia. He's a great guy and an excellent Pitmaster. I haven't been to his newest place, but I bet the Que is top-notch.

I've been to Texas Jack's and Smokecraft Modern Barbecue. Both are good, but I'd say Smokehouse had better meats. I've also judged at KCBS competitions where the Smokecraft Modern Barbecue team has competed and they've done very well.

As a die-hard Texan, I won't say these are better than back home, but I will admit you can get a decent plate of BBQ in the DC area.

Comment

Monks BBQ is not a bad place either. It is a bit off the beaten path from DC but if you are in the area of Leesburg, VA or Harpers Ferry, WV, it is worth the drive. My wife had the pulled pork and mac, brother-in-law the chicken and I had the ribs. All were top notch. 2Fifty is a stone throws from my sisters house. I have not eaten there only because when I head over there she is usually cooking. Her family raves about the place, and her and her hubby are both excellent cooks. Bark is only 20 from my location. Will let you know....

Comment

Thanks for the heads up on the article. Can't wait to plan some road trips once the weather improves.

Comment

Made it to the #2 spot See details here Barks Barbecue Cafe

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here