Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Schwartz's in Montreal--smoked meat sandwich...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Schwartz's in Montreal--smoked meat sandwich...

With the gf in Montreal. Two things were top of the culinary list. Bagels of course. And then a trip to Schwartz's. Had the smoked meat sandwich medium (intermediate between lean and fatty) with mustard on rye. Their smoked meat is basically pastrami and (horrors!) I like it better than Katz's. Yes, I am making pastrami when I get home!

No photo, didn't happen...

Comment

Well the sandwich disappeared fast. But here is my selfie at Schwartz's ...you'll have to assume I wasn't there for the ambiance.

Click image for larger version

Name:	30728403_10215628920906516_8029618918178260345_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0&oh=959bd6c0e09dd645029b0c1cb6a07321&oe=5B559518.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	482812

Comment

Montreal smoked meat and bagels are what I miss about Canadian food.

Comment

Schwartz's is amazing!

Comment

Ate there in ‘72’ on a honeymoon, before I realized quality. Thought it was good. Duh!

Comment

They are famous for a reason.

prior to meeting my wife a date (7 years) a Jewish woman (and her family) and I was introduced to a different style of brisket, Noodle Kugel (spelling? Aunt Helens was Amazing) and most importantly....... Bialys. Bialy?? Oh my world. Thanks you for the post.

i just had some fond memories and thought I would share.
              Gracias.

Comment

I read somewhere that the famous Montreal smoked meat sign was a result of an immigrant that did not speak French very well as the meat is not smoked at all. Anyway it is very good, another Montreal speciality is steamed hot dogs. I always enjoying visiting Montreal on business in the past.

Comment

Montreal is a fun city. Good food too.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here