Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Paprika Recipe Organization Apps 40-50% Off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paprika Recipe Organization Apps 40-50% Off

Recipe organization app (and meal planning, timers, etc) that I use and some others on here use. Great for saving recipes from sites, especially when they give a life story. Also makes it easy to scale or convert.

iOS/Android are 40% off until end of November

Mac/Windows are 50% off until end of November (14.99)

More information: http://paprikaapp.com/

Thanks for the heads up. $2.99 for iPad.

Comment

I've been wanting to check this out because of all the positive reviews here in the Pit. Thanks for passing this along!

Comment

Run, don’t walk, to take advantage of that sale The Paprika app is indispensable to my collection of recipes. Thanks for posting that.

Comment

Just downloaded it. It’s pretty easy to figure out. It has a search function, you can search for a recipe within the app, then download it, and it saves formatted.

I have my recipes memorized... either memorized, or I remember where I know them from: the website, or the book, or the ones I just know from knowing them. This will be a good way to have them in one place, if I remember to use it.

One downside I see is that it doesn’t support my technique when trying something new, which is looking at a dozen iterations of the same recipe and then combining common features. But just because I have Paprika doesn’t mean I can’t do that anyhow. Or, I can modify a downloaded recipe.

Anyhow, if you decide you don’t use it, it’s three bucks. That’s a loaf of moldy bread.

Comment

• Troutman
            Troutman commented
            Editing a comment
            You remember all your recipes but you may forget to remember to use the app. Now that's funny

• eby
            eby commented
            Editing a comment
            I still do the multiple. It has a pin feature so I'll pin like 5 versions I saved so it is easy to jump between them. When done I try to remember to edit the one that needs the fewest changes and delete the rest. The rating system also helps as can give bad recipes a one star so don't make the mistake again two years from now when I come across it again online.

Oh bummer..I just paid full price last week. I switched from Pepper Plate. Oh well..I really like the Paprika app anyway. Well worth it.

Comment

Well, with all the endorsements, especially Troutman saying to jump on this sale, I ponied up the $2.99 on my iPad just now, as I sit watching Yvonne snooze through a chemo treatment.

Now I need to decide if I also need the Mac or Windows version. The iOS app gives me access to recipes on the iPad and my iPhone. Just gotta decide if I also need to be able to edit them on my Windows laptop that I use in the house or The iMac 27” I use in my home office out back. I gave my MacBook Pro to Yvonne a couple of months ago...

Comment

• eby
              eby commented
              Editing a comment
              If you have a lot of personal or paper recipes you want to type in (not on web) then the desktop versions are worth it for the ease of typing and editing.

If I'm at a gathering (pre-covid) and ask for a recipe that ends up on paper I'll take a picture on my phone and make a stub recipe in paprika with just title and image. Then when back on my desktop I'll open the image from the recipe and transcribe it. Same with magazines or cookbooks from the library I come across.

• prepperjack
              prepperjack commented
              Editing a comment
              Definitely get the desktop app - it makes adding, editing and organizing so much easier. I have both the Windows and macOS versions and I much prefer the Mac version, though they're not really all that different.

• willsands
              willsands commented
              Editing a comment
              There is a YouTube video by Wardee where she demonstrates how to get your paper files and PDFs imported into Paprika using an intermediary app called Cookbook.
              I don't know how to insert a link here, but you can search YouTube for Wardee and Paprika to find the video.

Thank you! Looks like this will be a major upgrade from using notes! Love that it will show local grocery stores.

Comment

Giving it a try! Thank you

Comment

• SheilaAnn
                SheilaAnn commented
                Editing a comment
                Been working paprika and clearing my browsers. So far so good!

I’m a binder type of person but based on what everyone has been saying about the app I’m giving it a try. It will probably save me quite a bit on plastic page protectors if nothing else.

Comment

• SheilaAnn
                SheilaAnn commented
                Editing a comment
                Donw same here! That’s why I downloaded it.

• Skip
                Skip commented
                Editing a comment
                I should probably give it a try. I have several binders right now. Yikes!

• eby
                eby commented
                Editing a comment
                It does support printing the recipes in a nice format. So you can easily search and meal plan but have a sheet to scribble notes on while you cook if that is your thing. It also makes it easy to email recipes when someone asks for it. I've been at a potluck and sent off a recipe as someone tasted.

This is an excellent app and syncs well between the various platforms. Get it for everything you use and you always have recipes.

Comment

Thanks thanks thanks

Comment

• jhapka
                  jhapka commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Whoa you just hit download on amateur blog recipes and it converts it so you don’t have to read about the authors childhood memories of the dish and how they needed a quick but delicious meal because the dog needed a bath after it caught a skunk

• SheilaAnn
                  SheilaAnn commented
                  Editing a comment
                  🤣🤣🤣

• dtresca
                  dtresca commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Exactly!

I have both the IOS version and the Android version; they work together seamlessly. Best app I have used by far. Only problem is I have so many recipes saved I'll never cook them all.

Comment

Paprika is a great recipe app. I've used it for a couple of years now.

I download recipes from the Pit to it pretty easily.

I get a lot of cooking magazines. Usually there are only 1-3 recipes in each issue that I like. It's easy download them from the magazine's website directly to Paprika. Then I can pass the magazine on to someone else who likes to cook.

On a PC, it's so easy to cut and paste one of my own recipes into the appropriate sections.

The Category option is awesome. Easy to set up and use.

The Scaling option available within each recipe is a hidden gem.

It syncs immediately between my phone, PC computer and iPad.

This is a good deal--jump on it if you haven't already done so.

Kathryn

Comment

We’ve been using Paprika for several years. It’s almost too easy. Kind of an addiction for us. We have well over 3,000 recipes in it🤣🙄.

Comment

• Texas Larry
                      Texas Larry commented
                      Editing a comment
                      fzxdoc we need to do some serious culling!🤣

• JimLinebarger
                      JimLinebarger commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I thought I had a lot with nearly 2600. I still have a baziilion recipes to add to clean up my document version of recipes.

• phrogpilot73
                      phrogpilot73 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I thought I had a lot with 400...

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here