Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lodge 15" Cast Iron Pizza Pan $22 at Amazon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lodge 15" Cast Iron Pizza Pan $22 at Amazon

Click image for larger version

Name:	61VxdQzXVzL._AC_SL1000_.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	1422010

I saw this and said “ hell ya!” When I clicked on the link though, it was $39.90. Probably a good price, but not so excited anymore

Comment

Good pan - I have one, but got mine at Walmart. Also seeing it for $39 on Amazon so the low price must have been short lived.

Comment

So, a cast iron pizza pan seems contrary to what I know about pizzas (which admittedly isn't much). With a stone, you get it super hot prior to putting the pizza on it. With a cast iron pan, doesn't the cast take a lot longer to heat up than a conventional pan so the the dough is sitting on a cooler surface for a longer time--the opposite of what you'd be aiming for with a stone? Seems like this would not necessarily be a good thing?

Comment

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          I use the cast iron pan just like I would a stone, and preheat it with the oven, or in the grill if cooking outside. I slide the prepped pizza onto the 500F+ pan using parchment paper and a faux-peel (a rimless baking pan we have in the kitchen cabinets).

I am using my two Lodge CI pans essentially as unbreakable pizza stones. And if I pull the pizza out of the oven on one of them, it retains heat for a while, so you gotta remember that it will be getting crispier as it sits there...

Murder, I put my cast iron in as the oven heats up so it is as hot as the stone is.
        I give it 5 or 10 mins between pizzas to heat back up.

Comment

• jfmorris
          jfmorris commented
          Editing a comment
          Same here, except I don't give it more time to rest than it takes me to unload one pizza and then come back with the next. I figure preheated to 500F or higher, the CI is gonna recover quick between two pizzas, if it even needs recovery time.

Sorry y'all, but I think I scored the last two at that price!

Put two in the cart and checked out, and 5 minutes later went back to the page to read a detail on it and the price had already jumped back up. But thanks for the tip Attjack - looking forward to upping the pizza game over my current 12" Lodge pans!

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          A lot of good deals won't last long. I'm glad you got yours!

My wife said no more kitchen stuff! Can’t do it… must resist😝

Comment

• Attjack
          Attjack commented
          Editing a comment
          Looks like she wins because the deal is dead.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here