Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Perfect Draft Blower or CyberQ for Offsets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfect Draft Blower or CyberQ for Offsets?

Any Real World reviews of these products?

BBQCentralShow Maybe Greg can give some insight as he had them on his show and was given one to review on his Lang.

Comment

I think a controller in an offset will give you a false sense of security, unless you're using a charcoal snake in it. If you're using wood though, then IMO it's better to learn proper fire control with wood split size than to use a blower controller, unless you're just using it for the fan-the-flames aspect and not any real 'control'.

Comment

I would never consider a fan temp controller when using wood. It needs all the O2 it can get.

I would never consider NOT using a temp controller when using charcoal, unless I'm using the Pit Barrel and it does not have 30+ pounds of meat hanging it.

Comment

Here you go:

Comment

Always leave the exhaust all the way open.

Comment

If the controller probe is in the part with the meat and the exhaust is open enough and the fan big enough it could work to maintain a good fire, but I don’t think you can get around having to feed it often so there may be no advantage.

Comment

I use less wood because the device gives you a more efficient burn...and I can stretch out times before I need to add another log. T's nice to have if you don;t want to run the fire all the way through or have some other things to do. I would recommend doing it like the directions say and then adjusting once you see how it is running.

Comment

Everyone wants good bbq but they don’t want to do a little work for it. They want some device to do all the work. Next thing someone will come up with is a robot feeding the logs into the firebox. Why not just get a pellet smoker then you want have to do nothing but put the meat on and take the meat off. 😂

Comment

• Pirate Scott
                    Pirate Scott commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Don’t forget You still have to pour the pellets into the Hopper, gheesh.🤓

• DWCowles
                    DWCowles commented
                    Editing a comment
                    They will get their spouse or kids to do that. 😂

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here