Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rotisserie for 26" Weber kettle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rotisserie for 26" Weber kettle

Hey y'all,

Some good friends heard about my turkey triumph on Thanksgiving and asked if we did any rotisserie cooking on it. I said no and went on with the discussion thinking it was nothing.

Anyway, today FedEx drops off an unexpected package: they ordered me the Weber rotisserie! Amazing, right? Not so amazing is that it is for the 22" - they didn't know I'm rocking the 26".

So obviously this needs to go back, and Weber doesn't do one for the chronically underserved 26", so I'm looking for an alternative. The only thing I can find is the Cajun Bandit - has anyone used it or can recommend or not recommend it (or any others)?

Thanks!

Congrats.

Comment

At least you are loved!

Comment

Why not keep the rotisserie and get yourself a reasonably priced 22” to go with it?

Comment

• Texas Forlorn
          Texas Forlorn commented
          Editing a comment
          If Weber didn't do refunds, that was probably the play. But for $20 extra I can just get the Cajun Bandit for the 26" and not push my luck with the wife, who has seen me splash out on the Weber, SnS XL, etc to get going with the grilling. So just trying to work out if the Bandit is decent quality and worthwhile getting - if it's not, a 22" is an option.

Your friends are awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by Attjack View Post
          Your friends are awesome.
          Yeah we're very lucky. They're kind of our American family. When my wife and I first moved to the States from Australia, their eldest daughter was our housemate in DC. We got to know her family back in Ohio well, spent holidays there, and used their family name as our firstborn son's middle name.

It was very unexpected and touching, and there was no note, so it was a bit of a clue hunt to try and work out who the hell sent it!

Comment

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            Very cool.

You and Attjack are killing me today. Yet another accessory that I didn't know I needed. Actually, I knew I needed this one, but didn't know it existed.

Comment

• Attjack
            Attjack commented
            Editing a comment
            He's got me looking too.

I've used the Cajun Bandit 18" rig on my old WSM. It's fine. Never had any problems.

Comment

Same here, I don’t have the 26” but do have a number of Cajun Bandit products and they’re well built. I can vouch for their quality.

Comment

A few years ago I was looking for a rotisserie for my 22” Weber Kettle and ran across the Cajun Bandit rotisserie as well. I bought the Weber and it works great. The only thing I saw concerning the CB was a few people said the ring it came with didn’t seal with the kettle as well as they’d like. It didn’t seem to be a big problem, just more of a nitpick thing, according to some online reviewers. I’d go for it. Cajun Bandit does make good stuff. Hell, my own Weber rotisserie ring doesn’t seal 100%. If you get it and find out you need to, seal it with some LavaLock. https://www.cajunbandit.com/product/...lectric-motor/

Update: According to Cajun Bandit they’re the only known mfg. of a rotisserie for the 26” kettle. Also it looks like it does fit the Weber very well now.
              Last edited by Panhead John; December 4, 2020, 02:14 PM.

Comment

I've never heared anything but high praise fer Cajun Bandit products, in th kettle/wsm world.

Don't personally own any, (yet!), but some are on my list...apparently one more, now, thanks to yerself lol!

Comment

I'm thinking about one of those as well. If you get it please let us know how it works.

Comment

"Chronically underserved 26", love this. It is indeed the kid that doesn't get any pie after dinner. I wish they made more accessories for it, it's such a valuable cooker to many. I can't help you since I don't use a rotisserie, but I hope you find what you're looking for. You have great friends willing to buy you such a thoughtful gift, shame it was the wrong one.

Comment

• Andrrr
                      Andrrr commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Only a matter of time before they come out with the $275-$300 rotisserie for the 26”.

So, I ended up snapping up a second-hand basic 22" Weber kettle for $50 (also got a cover, chimney and some briquettes thrown in) and keeping the Weber rotisserie ring they sent us, but thanks for the good responses. Having a 26" and a 22" seems a bit of overkill (after all, I've only had the 26" for a few weeks) but I do feel like a boss with two kettles in the courtyard. Now I just have to deep clean the bloody thing.

Comment

• jumbo7676
                      jumbo7676 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Now you can rotisserie on one while you smoke/grill on the other. I have two 22's with a Slow n Sear, rotisserie (Cajun Bandit), and a Vortex. I love the the flexibility I have with how/what I can cook at one time. Well... I love the IDEA of flexibility, I have yet to use both at the same time. Just waiting for this COVID nightmare to end so I can have some people over and a reason to do a big cook and break them both out at the same time.

• Huskee
                      Huskee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You'll find a way to use 'em both. Doing A/B testing on new wood smoke tastes is a great way to use both kettles. Salt (only) your meat and cook identical meats, half on one with wood A half on the other w/ wood B. Learn your favorites that way.

• Attjack
                      Attjack commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I bet you'll find having 2 sizes to be a good thing. Some smaller cooks on the 26" are a waste of fuel. I actually have a kettle of each size and I use all of them.

Kettles are good, I have me a few, my danged self...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here