Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DnG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm. Tried my DnG tonight for the first time as a griddle on my Weber. Lit a whole chimney and spread it on the charcoal grate, without the SnS. Thought that would get it good and hot. Smashed some burgers on it and waited for the juices on the top to flip. No joy. Seemed too cool. I went ahead and flipped the burgers and let them cook on the other side. Not the crusty Maillard reaction I was hoping for, but they were done. Tasted good, but not what I expected. To finish the burgers I placed the DnG directly on the now half-spent coals. I read the posts above about 1/2 chimney. Is that in the SnS and the DnG goes over the SnS? What did I do wrong?

Comment

• grantgallagher
      grantgallagher commented
      Editing a comment
      Deaf Arty yes, i believe people most commonly use the half chimney in the SnS with the DnG above it when using it as a griddle. Likely you just didnt have enough compact, directed heat onto the DnG itself.

• Deaf Arty
      Deaf Arty commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, grantgallagher. I wondered that after it was too late. No matter -- that just means I've gotta try again!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here