Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vortex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vortex

Finally got my new gadget in the mail.. The Vortex!
    Look forward to try it out..​
    Last edited by Elton's BBQ; March 16, 2023, 01:12 AM.

I love making wings using the Vortex. You'll enjoy it. Large end up makes a nice small grill for small skewers and such.

Comment

• Michael_in_TX
      Michael_in_TX commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes! It's like having an instant Smoky Joe!

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm doing a testrun as we speak..

Looking forward to the wing pics

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      And that won't take too long brother!
      Doing a testrun as we speak..

Nice to get new gadgets

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Yessire it is!

Nice! I trust you'll share some nice pics!

I need to get me one of those for afterburner steaks instead of using just the chimney. One of these days I'm going to burn my deck down.

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Yessire Huskee.. The testrun is going right now..

Very versatile piece of equipment...
    great for wings, as well as, roasted chicken.. Click image for larger version

Name:	vortex-infrared-1.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	1392354

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      This is on my to to list.. That bird looks mighty fine!

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      I like this idea. That chicken looks great.

• bbqLuv
      bbqLuv commented
      Editing a comment
      Now that is one fine-looking chicken.
      It would be a shame to eat it, but a crime not to.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230316_152036.jpg Views:	10 Size:	1.16 MB ID:	1392419 Click image for larger version  Name:	20230316_152917.jpg Views:	10 Size:	2.75 MB ID:	1392422 Click image for larger version  Name:	20230316_154412.jpg Views:	10 Size:	2.93 MB ID:	1392424 Click image for larger version  Name:	20230316_154934.jpg Views:	10 Size:	2.74 MB ID:	1392423 Click image for larger version  Name:	20230316_155351.jpg Views:	10 Size:	1.79 MB ID:	1392420

Allright!

Must say i'm impressed with the Vortex on this trialrun.. Gets superhot 600F..
    Cooks the wings really fast.. Now i look forward to play around with it..

Click image for larger version  Name:	20230316_145235.jpg Views:	10 Size:	3.01 MB ID:	1392425 Click image for larger version  Name:	20230316_152326.jpg Views:	10 Size:	2.81 MB ID:	1392421

Comment

• Purc
      Purc commented
      Editing a comment
      Great looking cook! Love the Kettle/Vortex setup for chicken. That skin looks very crispy.
      Last edited by Purc; March 16, 2023, 11:18 AM.

• MBMorgan
      MBMorgan commented
      Editing a comment
      Veldig bra! Gratuler!

• Steve B
      Steve B commented
      Editing a comment
      I see you've been paying attention on how to use your new Vortex. Putting the wood chunks on top of the grate generates longer and better smoke from my experience. Nicley done Elton.

I love the Vortex! Great rig!

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah Panhead John it's on my list

• Panhead John
      Panhead John commented
      Editing a comment
      Ok, when you do, post some pics for inspection purposes. We need to make sure it meets our standards. 😂

• Finster
      Finster commented
      Editing a comment
      We have standards?
      Can't imagine they're very high 😜

Love my Vortex. Using it tonight for some Beer Can Chicken.

Comment

• Elton's BBQ
      Elton's BBQ commented
      Editing a comment
      That's on my to do list..

I love my Vortex! I can see you love yours!

Comment

I also love cooking wings with the Vortex you can’t go wrong great accessory.

Comment

Like I mentioned, did Vortex roasted chicken last night. Thought I had a finished pic, but alas no.

Dry brined with my Santa Maria rub for 4 hours and then dusted with Simon & Garfunkel before putting on. Came out delicious.

Did I mention - I love my Vortex!!

Cheers
        Attached Files

Comment

Thank you for reminding me that I haven't made wings in far to long!

Comment

The Vortex is a must. Trial looks awesome Elton's BBQ. I'm doing a bunch tomorrow as part of my cook some friends we haven't seen since pre c@@@d.

Comment

• Panhead John
              Panhead John commented
              Editing a comment
              It’s spelled….Covid…..🙄

• RichieB
              RichieB commented
              Editing a comment
              Your going to be put in isolation and lock down. That is an illegal word here, you know politics are shunned. You better get vax'ed and boosted Panhead John.

I’ve had mine for a year but have only used it a couple of times. It has its uses but I find the SnS to be more versatile. I do like it as a burner to put under a cast iron pot. It’s a perfect shape for that. I’m a victim of MCS. If I only had the kettle and 1 smoker I’m sure I’d use it more. It is a nice accessory.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here