Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vortex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JeffJ
    replied
    I’ve had mine for a year but have only used it a couple of times. It has its uses but I find the SnS to be more versatile. I do like it as a burner to put under a cast iron pot. It’s a perfect shape for that. I’m a victim of MCS. If I only had the kettle and 1 smoker I’m sure I’d use it more. It is a nice accessory.

Leave a comment:

• RichieB
    commented on 's reply
    Your going to be put in isolation and lock down. That is an illegal word here, you know politics are shunned. You better get vax'ed and boosted Panhead John.

• Panhead John
    commented on 's reply
    It’s spelled….Covid…..🙄

• RichieB
    replied
    The Vortex is a must. Trial looks awesome Elton's BBQ. I'm doing a bunch tomorrow as part of my cook some friends we haven't seen since pre c@@@d.

Leave a comment:

• bbqLuv
    commented on 's reply
    Now that is one fine-looking chicken.
    It would be a shame to eat it, but a crime not to.

• Andrrr
    replied
    Thank you for reminding me that I haven't made wings in far to long!

Leave a comment:

• TripleB
    replied
    Like I mentioned, did Vortex roasted chicken last night. Thought I had a finished pic, but alas no.

Dry brined with my Santa Maria rub for 4 hours and then dusted with Simon & Garfunkel before putting on. Came out delicious.

Did I mention - I love my Vortex!!

Cheers
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• ssennott
    replied
    I also love cooking wings with the Vortex you can’t go wrong great accessory.

Leave a comment:

• Steve B
    commented on 's reply
    I see you've been paying attention on how to use your new Vortex. Putting the wood chunks on top of the grate generates longer and better smoke from my experience. Nicley done Elton.

• Steve B
    commented on 's reply
    I like this idea. That chicken looks great.

• MBMorgan
    commented on 's reply
    Veldig bra! Gratuler!

• LA Pork Butt
    replied
    I love my Vortex! I can see you love yours!

Leave a comment:

• Elton's BBQ
    commented on 's reply
    That's on my to do list..

• Purc
    commented on 's reply
    Great looking cook! Love the Kettle/Vortex setup for chicken. That skin looks very crispy.
    Last edited by Purc; March 16, 2023, 11:18 AM.

• TripleB
    replied
    Love my Vortex. Using it tonight for some Beer Can Chicken.

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/bbq-stars","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tuffy-stone","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/meathead","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/harry-soo","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/matt-pittman","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-rollins","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/dean-fearing","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/tim-grandinetti","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/kent-phillips-brett-gallaway","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/david-bouska","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/ariane-daguin","\/forum\/bbq-stars\/jack-arnold","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here