Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SnS wood cook experiment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SnS wood cook experiment

Got some cherry and mesquite small logs burnt down to coals. Let's do some Chikin

Started at 400 degrees.

Chikin on

45 minutes later and right on time.... Coals running out

Let me show you the back! Chikin was never touched after hitting the grill. Even cooking all around.

That's good Chikin!!

Long live SnS!!

Ernest these are going on our site!

Comment

• Ernest
      Ernest commented
      Editing a comment
      I wouldn't have it any other way!! Go for it

Have you ever thought about doing videos?

Comment

David Parrish nope. I don't have a process when cooking LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Ernest View Post
        David Parrish nope. I don't have a process when cooking LOL!
        That is why they have EDITING SOFTWARE.......

Comment

Jerod Broussard my problem is I can start cooking chicken but end up with a salmon dish. My mind is always experimenting, so if I get an idea I switch over HAHAHA

Comment

• mackdaddy
            mackdaddy commented
            Editing a comment
            Sounds like BBQ ADD to me. Lol

Imagine watching a chicken cook and get that switch mid video

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            Controversial cooking shows last, the mundane fall by the way side.

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            True dat!

@Earnest, What I like best about your Pics and Post is No. 1 your chicken looks fit to Eat! No. 2 your Grill and Equipment looks like mine, used often by someone who knows how and not by some trick shot artest from the factory who never cooked on anything twice! 👍👍👍👍👍. Dan

Comment

• Ernest
            Ernest commented
            Editing a comment
            Much appreciated Danjohnston949
            Last edited by Ernest; October 22, 2015, 06:24 PM.

Ok Ernest, that looks awesome so whats the catch, how do you make that skin look so darn crispy?

Comment

Powersmoke_80 check this chicken skin, 3 DAY dry brine.

Comment

• Ernest
              Ernest commented
              Editing a comment
              Overkill. Just not necessary

• Powersmoke_80
              Powersmoke_80 commented
              Editing a comment
              Jerod Broussard, Very interesting, Agreed this needs to be tried. I have some 24 week old roosters (Rhode Island Red & Barred Rock) that need to be culled, would these work on the grill or are they only good for soup chickens?

• Jerod Broussard
              Jerod Broussard commented
              Editing a comment
              We never grilled our older chickens and roosters. Made gumbo with those. Once you get over 9 weeks, things tend to get a little chewy.

Powersmoke_80 season with salt and let the bird rest uncovered in the refrigerator. Next is take control of your heat 325 - 375 is the magic range.

Comment

Ernest damn, making us hungry over here. Great looking birds. Is the 45min cook a result of the temp (325-375)? Looking for ways to speed up my chicken cooks on the PBC.

Comment

Yep! dpsphotos my longest chicken cook on the PBC was 1 hour 10 minutes. Never made sense to me how they cooked a chicken for 2 hours

Comment

Mystery BBQ with Ernest- is what's on the grate going to be on the plate? Ernest this could be the format of your cooking videos. I'd watch that.

Comment

Best chicken I've had this year...... YET!! I don't think that I'll grill chicken with briquettes again.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here