Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thanks Clint! Ordered New Brisket Slicer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Clint! Ordered New Brisket Slicer...

Thanks Clint Cantwell for the recommendation on the Mercer brisket slicer.

https://amazingribs.com/best-brisket...g-knife-review

I also picked up the guard to go with it, so now I need some briskets to practice on.

I have that knife too. Works really well. Can never have too many toys.

Comment

Great knife, I just sharpened mine today. I since picked up a Dalstromg 12” on sale I like a little better for bigger things, but my Mercer gets plenty of use. I even use it to cut steaks out of whole sub primals.

Comment

Love this knife too!! Cut some ribeyes steaks from a roast with this.

Comment

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm not a butcher so I don't know what they use, but it's so easy to cut clean even steaks with this knife, right?

• STEbbq
          STEbbq commented
          Editing a comment
          I need to buy a ribeye roast and do this!

• synodog
          synodog commented
          Editing a comment
          My first cut was so so, but I had quite a few tries so I got better and it was awesome. Grilled some up for Valentine’s Day last week. Didn’t take any pics because I wanted to eat them they looked so good. I also need small grill grates or a small flat griddle for the sear burner because they crusted up beautifully with my regular grill grates jury rigged on it.

I should be able to get some clean cuts for baby back ribs eh?

Comment

• glitchy
          glitchy commented
          Editing a comment
          I haven’t pulled out the electric knife since I got the Mercer. Never new how nice good knives were to have. I only ever had cheap sets that dulled after the first use until the past 2-3 years.

• STEbbq
          STEbbq commented
          Editing a comment
          That is pretty much my hope too. Exact same situation as you with cheap knives...

Where can I find th keerect guard fer this knife, please?

Comment

• STEbbq
          STEbbq commented
          Editing a comment
          Guard link is about midway down the page

• Mr. Bones
          Mr. Bones commented
          Editing a comment
          STEbbq Many thanks fer th link, Amigo!

Seen some various ones on amazon, an th likes, but if Mercer makes one fer it, then I reckon that's th one I ought to be puttin on it....

• STEbbq
          STEbbq commented
          Editing a comment
          My thought as well. I want to take good care of my first brisket/meat slicer!

Happy slicing brisket to you and PBR too.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here