Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WOW! Wusthof 14" Brisket Slicer #BrisketSword

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WOW! Wusthof 14" Brisket Slicer #BrisketSword

Uh, I'm thinking I know what Jerod Broussard needs for Christmas this year...Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3209-90.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	186.7 KB
ID:	97744

I'm now fully in love with Wusthof. I have 5 of them now. This Knife just sliced through the crunch bark on this brisket better than any other I've used. And it's HUGE! No problems not touching both sides of the brisket and keeping the cut going with this 14 inch blade!

Now I need to up my game on learning to sharpen knives with perfection. I'm using the Wusthof one now,
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20329.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	12.9 KB
ID:	97745
    I just got a Wusthof sharpening steel today.

You can def tell when trimming the fat on a Brisket if your knife is perfect sharp, or just ok.

If your a knife sharpening guru, I'll take some advice.

#CuttingMeatIsFun

Here ya go - http://www.chefsteps.com/gallery#/?g...e%20sharpening

Comment

If you get down this far and haven't looked it up yet, here is the link.

Comment

Nice sword! I have a 12" Victorinox but haven't used it yet.

Comment

Wow. I just got two a bread slicing knives to help out a church fundraiser, imma try that on my next brisket

Very nice!!!!!!

Comment

That thing is bad ass. I love how they now have a dedicated knife for the Briz.
          Last edited by Spinaker; July 19, 2015, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Thanks PaulstheRibList I just purchased one

Comment

For knife sharpening I much prefer the belt-style over the small wheels or abrasive rods, etc. If you take your knife to be professionally sharpened, that's what they usually use (or a very large slowly rotating whet stone). Plus you can change the belts as needed. A home size belt unit is made by Work Sharp and is available on Amazon. It'll sharpen your axe, too.

Comment

I suggest you pick up a book called The Razor Edge Book of Sharpening by John Juranitch. I do a ton of woodwork with hand tools, on top of BBQ, and I can tell you most of my tools and knives you can literally shave with, and if not, it's only because the angle is steeper for chopping.

Comment

Btw, sweeeeeeeet knife. Thanks for posting

Comment

Love mine! It was designed by the head cook of Aporkalypse Now, a Wusthof dealer in the mid-Atlantic area. I've had it and used it for 2 1/2 years now. My Victorinox split on me at mid-blade. Michael sold me a nasty looking knife which has become my 2nd favorite cutting tool. I'll have to take a picture, can't find it on the Wusthof site.

Comment

I'm about ready for a new set of knives
                    Need to see what Michael has

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here