Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you need this, you're doing it wrong!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you need this, you're doing it wrong!

So, a random catalog in today's mail had this entry for what appears to be a food chainsaw. I submit that if what you have cooked requires a chainsaw, you might just want to rethink your cooking technique. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0256.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	777750

Okay, this made me laugh! I’d hate to see what happens to the cutting board and the counter if you sneezed while using it.

Comment

Might be handy on bones. I also submit that if you need a chainsaw to cut your pineapple and watermelon you should buy the canned stuff.

Comment

Ok, so it's not really a chain saw. It's a serrated knife that is mocked up to look like a chainsaw.

Comment

• Jim White
          Jim White commented
          Editing a comment
          Yeah, I just watched their video. It's a standard electric knife with a whole bunch of extra useless stuff attached that just gets in the way and needs cleanup later.

• JimLinebarger
          JimLinebarger commented
          Editing a comment
          Jim White I watched that video also. It cuts dry turkey fairly well! lol

"...add a little action to your kitchen!" Yeah, a chainsaw would do that! LOL

Sadly, I see that it’s not really a chainsaw. ROFL

Comment

For carving my mother's turkey...

Comment

• Steve B
            Steve B commented
            Editing a comment
            I’m not going to the next comment 😬

• Craigar
            Craigar commented
            Editing a comment
            Bingo!

Have you ever overcooked brisket by 12 hours? The chainsaw becomes really handy if you want to preserve some of the overcooked meat for stew or chili. It also adds a flavor profile. I fondly remember cherrywood, chain oil, Cattleman’s stew. If I was given a choice between a fire extinguisher or a chainsaw as one of my two options for a flaming overcook, I would have to really ponder.
          Last edited by tbob4; December 10, 2019, 07:36 PM.

Comment

• Steve B
            Steve B commented
            Editing a comment
            That’s some funny stuff tbob4

I just ordered 2...

Comment

• Donw
            Donw commented
            Editing a comment
            For juggling?

• Jim White
            Jim White commented
            Editing a comment
            I was thinking maybe for dueling.

I can see it now, invite your friends and family over for BBQ and whip that thing out, LOL I got a good chuckle out of it. Make a great Christmas gift.

Comment

Richard Kuklinski once said chainsaws are too messy, I'll take his word for it.

Comment

• Steve B
              Steve B commented
              Editing a comment
              Unless you’re looking for some abstract art. 😬

• DoubleUpOrQuit
              DoubleUpOrQuit commented
              Editing a comment
              Although, when it comes to carving meat I'd choose the chainsaw over the rats he decided to use.

Announcement

Collapse
          No announcement yet.
          Working...
          X
          false
          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
          false
          false
          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
          Yes
          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here