Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us your sexiest knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

She just arrived in today. So excited for my next cook. Dalstrong, Gladiator Series, German HC steel, 12" Granton Edge slicer. Don't know how I lucked on the price, but it was $60 when I bought it, and as of this moment you can only get a used one on Amazon for $135.
    Attached Files

Comment

• HawkerXP
      HawkerXP commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice.

• treesmacker
      treesmacker commented
      Editing a comment
      Purty!

MCS can stand for More Cutlery Syndrome First is a set I got off Kickstarter: Edge of Belgravia Kuroi Hana - The Black Diamond Japanese Damascus knife set: https://www.edgeofbelgravia.co.uk/co...ons/kuroi-hana

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_100165.jpg Views:	1 Size:	827.2 KB ID:	750912

Next is another Kickstarter set, Nagasaki. I had already bought the Kuroi Hana but decided that I like the old school look of these. This Kickstarter project had lots of delays and problems including perks (stretch goals) that were never shipped but, unlike several investors, I got my correct knife order. I really like these knives. They are the sharpest knives I own - I mean scary sharp and I'm a surgeon - and I take them with me whenever I rent an AirBNB or VRBO place (along with some of my cast iron) because a lot of rental places only have cheap dull junk available for use in the kitchen. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...damascus-vg-10

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_100167.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.05 MB ID:	750914

This was the first Kichstarter set I bought. Misen was designed to be equivalent to a professional chef's knife that usually costs about $150.00 but theirs is about $65.00. This set is my daily driver for basic cooking and has held up well for the past three years of use. https://www.misen.co/

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_100166.jpg Views:	1 Size:	901.0 KB ID:	750913

Finally the old workhorse used out at the pit: Old Hickory. I'm glad I got them out and posted these pics as I haven't used them in about a month and when I pulled them out I noticed that the humidity is attacking them. I'm cleaning them up after this post.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_100168.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.11 MB ID:	750915

I have another knife set that looks like Old Hickory but is not. It was my mom's and dates to the 1960s or 1970s.
    Last edited by 58limited; October 4, 2019, 04:44 AM.

Comment

• Mr. Bones
      Mr. Bones commented
      Editing a comment
      Wonderful Collection, an really cool knife rack, as well!

Loves me some Ol Hickorys, as well, but yall already done seen that, I'd reckon!

• FireMan
      FireMan commented
      Editing a comment
      You don’t mess around!q

Misen just upgraded the steel on their chef knife to aus10. The steel was the only thing that didn’t make this one perfect. I’m impressed. And they are keeping the price the same. Assuming it’s tempered right, this could be my standing recommendation for a very long time

Comment

My trusty Swiss Army Knife. I've had it for over ten years now.
      Attached Files

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here