Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Show us your sexiest knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RonB
    commented on 's reply
    Thanx FireMan - pictures don't really do it justice.

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    You don’t mess around!q

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    Intriguingly beautiful,

• FireMan
    commented on 's reply
    Quite a collection!

• luvthemstillers
    replied
    My trusty Swiss Army Knife. I've had it for over ten years now.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ahumadora
    commented on 's reply
    Notice the sanding marks across the whole blade??? Never let your father in law sharpen your knives.....

• Polarbear777
    replied
    Misen just upgraded the steel on their chef knife to aus10. The steel was the only thing that didn’t make this one perfect. I’m impressed. And they are keeping the price the same. Assuming it’s tempered right, this could be my standing recommendation for a very long time

Leave a comment:

• treesmacker
    commented on 's reply
    That is!

• Mr. Bones
    commented on 's reply
    Wonderful Collection, an really cool knife rack, as well!

Loves me some Ol Hickorys, as well, but yall already done seen that, I'd reckon!

• 58limited
    replied
    MCS can stand for More Cutlery Syndrome First is a set I got off Kickstarter: Edge of Belgravia Kuroi Hana - The Black Diamond Japanese Damascus knife set: https://www.edgeofbelgravia.co.uk/co...ons/kuroi-hana

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_100165.jpg Views:	1 Size:	827.2 KB ID:	750912

Next is another Kickstarter set, Nagasaki. I had already bought the Kuroi Hana but decided that I like the old school look of these. This Kickstarter project had lots of delays and problems including perks (stretch goals) that were never shipped but, unlike several investors, I got my correct knife order. I really like these knives. They are the sharpest knives I own - I mean scary sharp and I'm a surgeon - and I take them with me whenever I rent an AirBNB or VRBO place (along with some of my cast iron) because a lot of rental places only have cheap dull junk available for use in the kitchen. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...damascus-vg-10

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_100167.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.05 MB ID:	750914

This was the first Kichstarter set I bought. Misen was designed to be equivalent to a professional chef's knife that usually costs about $150.00 but theirs is about $65.00. This set is my daily driver for basic cooking and has held up well for the past three years of use. https://www.misen.co/

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_100166.jpg Views:	1 Size:	901.0 KB ID:	750913

Finally the old workhorse used out at the pit: Old Hickory. I'm glad I got them out and posted these pics as I haven't used them in about a month and when I pulled them out I noticed that the humidity is attacking them. I'm cleaning them up after this post.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_100168.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.11 MB ID:	750915

I have another knife set that looks like Old Hickory but is not. It was my mom's and dates to the 1960s or 1970s.
    Last edited by 58limited; October 4, 2019, 04:44 AM.

Leave a comment:

• JakeT
    commented on 's reply
    fttank I got the 8" with damascus steel. I absolutely LOVE that knife. Gives me the "this is how a knife should feel" feeling every time I pick it up.

• fttank
    commented on 's reply
    JakeT, which Bob Kramer did you trade it in for? I too have big paws and a depth of 2" would work out better for me. Starting to lean towards the 9" Miyabi for that reason.

• JakeT
    commented on 's reply
    fttank, I have the 8" chefs knife. I actually replaced that one with a Zwilling Bob Kramer 8". I have rather large hands and the Miyabi was just too small, my knuckles would hit the cutting board before the knife

• fttank
    commented on 's reply
    Which Miyabi Birchwood do you have? Thinking of pulling the trigger on one. Just trying to decide which one to buy.

• fttank
    commented on 's reply
    Great story!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here