Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoke gateway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smoke gateway

Ordered it. Check email....

Ditto and also the neat little zipper case to keep it all in .....

Comment

Me too, I have been ragging on them forever since they obviously worked on getting out the similar ThermaQ Wi-Fi perhaps at the expense of getting this out in a timely manner. No matter here now, anxious to try. Haven't had much luck with the anywhere Wi-Fi on Green Mountain Grills so lets see how this will work. I set up is as easy as Smoke that will be great.

Comment

Ordered and coming my way 🤘

Comment

I ordered Mine

Comment

Mine came - can't get the ap to either find the Gateway or if it (infrequently finds the Gateway)I get Device not found error. The gateway and smoke do sync however. Instructions a little brief and without detail. The ap finds my network but won't always upon restarting find the Gateway signal. Very frustrating so far. Nothing helpful on their web site.

Comment

• Pequod
              Pequod commented
              Editing a comment
              Similar problems here. See below.

• Yelnoc
              Yelnoc commented
              Editing a comment
              Router was at 5GHZ - needs to be at 2.4GHz, maybe that should have been obvious connected now - DOH!!!

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              That's probably a critical piece of info for a lot of folks!

Mine came today. I'm unable to complete setup because the app crashes. Happens on both my iPad and iPhone. The app immediately crashes after launch. Very frustrating and unlike Thermoworks to release something nonfunctional, but that is currently the case. I have a support request in. Will see what they say.

Comment

Bummer! Hope you both get it resolved ( Yelnoc & Pequod ). Please keep us updated, as I'm considering picking on up myself!

Comment

Got an immediate response from Thermoworks saying they've not seen this issue and suggesting I delete and reinstall. Had already done so repeatedly. I think I've stumped them.

Comment

And now it works! Gotta say, Thermoworks support was outstanding and super responsive. They had to do something to "fix my account." A bit odd, since part of the setup process is creating said account. The app now works and I was able to complete the setup process. Easy Peasy.

Comment

Originally posted by Pequod View Post
                    And now it works! Gotta say, Thermoworks support was outstanding and super responsive. They had to do something to "fix my account." A bit odd, since part of the setup process is creating said account. The app now works and I was able to complete the setup process. Easy Peasy.
                    Odd yes - "fix...." what account, how did they access to fix I wonder. Your account is your email and password you created wasn't it? Odd. As I say above got mine running too. Very prompt response from their techies.

Comment

• Pequod
                      Pequod commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes, exactly. What is it about an email and password that needs fixing? Beats me, but whatever they did fixed the issue. The setup process is a bit rough around the edges, but can't beat their support.

Got mine and working through the same issues

Comment

• CaptainMike
                      CaptainMike commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Resolved, first cooks tomorrow

Curious how this setup has worked for everyone? I gave mine a try last night (in the rain) and the gateway worked well. Did anyone else notice that you can "click through" on the app and get a more detailed temperature graph? Pretty cool!

Comment

• Pequod
                      Pequod commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Yes! Have used mine and it worked very well. The app is still slightly buggy. It crashes now and then when I click things to see what they do (cause crashes, of course!), but expect it will get better over time.

Ribs and chicken cook. So far so good....
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0919.PNG
Views:	122
Size:	77.8 KB
ID:	378092

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                      Jerod Broussard commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!

Any more feedback on this? Mine was supposed to arrive yesterday but UPS lost it in Salt Lake City and it won't get here until Monday.

Comment

• W.A.
                      W.A. commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Mine works great. Unfortunately, havent had much time to use it........

• Pequod
                      Pequod commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Once set up it works great. Hopefully they’ve ironed out some of the early kinks in setup. If not, they were super responsive in fixing my problem. Go forth with confidence!

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here