Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Get Their Meater Thermometer Yet!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone Get Their Meater Thermometer Yet!?!?

I came across this article this morning:

Got me thinking that I was an early backer of Meater and still haven't seen one... anyone in this forum get theirs?
    Anyone know anyone with one???

These 2 young men raised quite a bit of money. The product is 2 years late. Being the eternal optimist I am hopeing to see my Meater in the next year or so...

I believe these guys could have benefited from the "Hardware Studio" that Kickstarter is FINALLY doing to help these campaigns. It's one thing to have a good idea and make a prototype. Very different scaling for production.

Not yet. Not hopeful.

Comment

2 years late... I am so glad I did not back that. They did not seem to have their ish together, especially when they did Kickstarter and Indiegogo at the same time. Are they giving updates on what's going sideways?

Now, I don't back anything that doesn't have a manufacturing partner chosen and a completed prototype that they've worked out with their manufacturing partner. I'm done with paying to prototype and tour Asia for a partner.

Comment

• RonB
        RonB commented
        Editing a comment
        I donated a dollar to get the updates. They are shipping in small quantities now, but only the single probe. They are working on the block that has wi-fi capability.

Lol...........well not that funny to me wallet

Comment

LoL. Never got mine. Full backer. Still waiting. It is so sad that so many have surpassed this silly thing. I have no idea what I would even use it for now. The Smoke has been fantastic! But the FireBoard is simply mind blowing. Shopping 10 miles away at HEB last weekend, and looking at my temps on my iPhone at the same time sealed the deal for me. I'll probably plug the whole thing in outside and use it as a outdoor temp gauge.

Comment

Ironic! No sooner do I post this - I got the following email/update. 200 shipped so far, 700 in the queue, 450 to be QC checked,etc.
          Frankly after getting these emails the past 6 months I am not sure I put much faith in them...
          Like I said, these guys needed some serious (and still do) process/logistics help.
          Well, maybe we will see something by the end of summer...
          Hey, "they are making sure all signs are "go" ;-)
          Posted by Apption Labs (Creator)
          Production Update

We're making sure all signs are "go" as we incrementally increase our batch quantities. Here are some production numbers for you! So far we've shipped 200+ single probe MEATERs, ~700 are near-ready to ship, 450 are to be QC'd, ~1500 are traveling, and 3200 are currently being produced at the factory.

The probes from each batch undergo thorough testing and if we find any issues, we make improvements in the assembly process and make adjustments for the next batch. For example, previously we found some cosmetic issues and have tightened up the screening process of the parts from our suppliers before actually assembling the probe. Before, we were testing every probe that came out of the factory to make sure each MEATER performs up to our standards. Yep. Every single probe! In the upcoming weeks we'll maintain our quality control standards by using standard industry sampling rather than testing every unit. That means higher production quantities, reduced delivery times, and the sooner you can prepare a beef brisket sandwich on ciabatta slathered with creamy horseradish with a side of 'slaw. Set Our Site

Our website - www.meater.com - has launched!! We're shifting from crowdfunding and onto our own platform. The site has been a long work in progress and will be fluid as we make updates, post videos, news blast, and refresh our FAQs. We will still be present in our crowdfunding platforms and answer messages during this transition phase. One thing we want to make clear is that, per product, we are fulfilling crowdfunding pre-orders before pre-orders placed on our website. Y'all brought us this far, y'all will receive your units first. Fulfillment

On a similar note, we are shipping based on region and order number within that region. This is why some later backers might possibly receive their pledge before an earlier backer. We ship from different locations (as we have multiple warehouses) to spread out the flow of fulfillment, reduce costs, and minimize transit time.

Comment

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            I read this as well this morning. Thought it was funny they need multiple warehouses to store 1,000 tiny probes. LOL

• Jerod Broussard
            Jerod Broussard commented
            Editing a comment
            David Parrish I was running more along the lines of 500,000 sqft to house 200 probes. And ultimately I don't think they are being produced at each warehouse, so produce, check, then ship to each warehouse, then ship out from the warehouse???

• David Parrish
            David Parrish commented
            Editing a comment
            Whatever they're doing, sounds like it could be more efficient!

Early backer here. Didn't even get the email, let alone a product.

Comment

I also paid the whopping $1 for updates, sounded intriguing but not sure about it working. So now I see that they're shipping, for reals.

Anyone get their shipping confirmation/Meater yet? I am surprised that one hasn't appeared on Meathead 's doorstep (if it has, has he had a chance to review it????). I am looking forward to hearing reviews when it becomes real!

Comment

I received Project Update #46 today & it says this about Meater fulfillment:

Production and Fulfillment

"We've shipped close to 3000 single MEATER units bringing us to almost 40% fulfillment completion. Our factory has produced over 5000 more single MEATERs and will be shipping them to our warehouses next week. This brings us to manufacturing more than 100% of all Kickstarter single MEATER units.

Our current goal is to fulfill single probe MEATER orders to Kickstarter pledges by the end of next month For the combination orders, we are shipping your MEATER(s) and MEATER Block separately, so you can get cookin' sooner! After single MEATERs are fulfilled for Kickstarter backers, we will begin fulfilling Indiegogo backers."

Has anyone received anything from these guys yet??? They are claiming to be at almost 40% fulfillment completion so surely someone in our forum must have gotten their's by now, right???

Comment

• richinlbrg
                richinlbrg commented
                Editing a comment
                I have a single unit ordered. As it was a gift, I have no idea if it was through kickstarter or indiegogo. Either way, we've heard nothing so far as I know.

• Huskee
                Huskee commented
                Editing a comment
                richinlbrg Gotcha. Well, maybe you're just not on their lucky beta tester list!

• Robd71
                Robd71 commented
                Editing a comment
                I got an email saying that my Meater was being shipped. It came with a Fedex tracking number, so I'm assuming it is on the way!

After the Smoke, and now the FireBoard, I honestly have no idea what I will use mine for if I get it.

Comment

Originally posted by lonnie mac View Post
                After the Smoke, and now the FireBoard, I honestly have no idea what I will use mine for if I get it.
                I'm in the exact same position. I wish there were a way to cancel the order & get a refund.

Comment

Nope, I haven't seen mine either. As lonnie mac said, I am saving up for a FireBoard. Not sure what to do if I ever do receive this device. Likely Ebay it...

Comment

If you have changed your mind about getting a Meater, Kickstarter has this to say:

"You can cancel a pledge by visiting the project page and clicking the "Manageรขโ‚ฌย button. From there you can click the " Cancel Pledge" link located next to the "Change your pledge" button. If you pledged to a project as a guest, please click the "Manage" link next to "Pledge details" in your confirmation email."

Comment

I believe it is too late to cancel. I looked all over my project page - no "Manage" button anywhere. I suspect that once the project is funded, the manage button goes away. They were funded Oct. 22 2015 - and we were all charged then.

In the mean time, I just ordered a FireBoard - my Fathers Day present to me ;-)

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                        Danjohnston949 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        JGrana, ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ You Will Love It! The FireBoard Folks Don't attempt to Turn BS into Bugles! They are for Real! I don't have a Dog in the Fight but Regretably I think the Meater Folks are Manufacturing Orchestrasรขยโ€œ
                        From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Same here....I am so dumb, I actually thought I was just buying a meat thermometer. Would have never gotten involved with this outfit. I'm 70, heck I probably won't live long enough to use it!!

Comment

• Danjohnston949
                        Danjohnston949 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Why Hell Young Feller, You're Just a Kid in this Crowd! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
                        From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here