Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FireBoard!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FireBoard!

Moonbeam had the gall to ask me why I needed another temp device!

Click image for larger version

Name:	f0c6bd70fe30680911908c83425fb475.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	5.7 KB
ID:	316062

I was like, well sure I do!

Name:	IMG_3405.JPG
Views:	190
Size:	213.3 KB
ID:	316063

Got the new fangled FireBoard on the way. Reading too much here about it. I guess the only thing I have always been missing is the ability to log things, take notes etc. I'm not hip on apps actually, I am more wanting to monitor my cooks from my iMac. But that will be cool too.

Next cook is Spares. Temping ribs is silly.

It is a great unit. I just got mine and played with it a bit yesterday. The six probes and the graph are awesome. It does show you where you peeked in the smoker though. Discipline!

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
      Jerod Broussard commented
      Editing a comment
      That peeking graph is great to catch others looking at stuff they got no bidnit lookin' at

I keep holding out for the smoke tracker to be released. but I may run out of patience soon and get the fire board it looks like an amazing tool.

Comment

• lonnie mac
      lonnie mac commented
      Editing a comment
      I have been too, and still might one anyway. I like this idea as I can actually keep track of both my pits at the same time as they are side by side! Still waiting on my Meater to show up LOL.

Lonnie mac. Congrats Lonnie, In a World of Reletivety You will Now Be Able to Announce the Temp of Your Smoker, Ambient Temps, and Food Temps With 👍 CONFIDENCE 👍 ! For the First Time I'll Wager! Plus You Can Store The Pretty Pic's of What You Did! Congratulations!
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Nice work Lonnie. The Fireboard is a great tool. And one that you will love. (Not as much as that J&S Jack but still)

Comment

Yep! So, without knowing as I don't have the FireBoard "Dashboard" yet, is there a way to add pics to the cloud for my cooks too!!?? Dang that would be so cool for a Virgo like me. My Smoke, man it's the BOM! I love it! My old redi-check (or two or three) has REALLY served me well over the years. Of course the Thermo pin is a must have tool in any case. But the main thing I am hoping out of this tool is a good web browser interface. I get tired of fumbling my apps and can't see them outside anyway really.

Comment

• Danjohnston949
          Danjohnston949 commented
          Editing a comment
          Lonnie the FireBoard Won't Get You To Heaven but in the Meantime It Will Certainly Improve Your Attitude!
          From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

And then there's that Meater I ordered LOL.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
          Jerod Broussard commented
          Editing a comment
          What's the deal with that? I read the latest update, seems like that are smoothing something out that was shipping to customers months if not years ago.

• JohnF
          JohnF commented
          Editing a comment
          Last I received was they were shipping single orders first than multiple 2nd and they still don't have the charging block design finished, should have passed on this one. Just checked and seen this.
          $2,763,967 USD total funds raised

Well, I couldn't resist any longer, just placed an order for the bbq version (6 probes). Look forward to testing it.

Comment

• Henrik
          Henrik commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, I'm filling my smoker with briskets soon, want to see how the ones on the far left and far right rise in temp compared to the ones in the middle.

• kmhfive
          kmhfive commented
          Editing a comment
          You can send me one of the 15 or so briskets from your first cook if you want. I promise objective feedback!

• Danjohnston949
          Danjohnston949 commented
          Editing a comment
          Henrik, You are going to be Amazed at How Senstive the FireBoard Is! I suggest You Dedicate One of Your Probes to the
          Ambient Temperature Outside the Pit! 👍👍👍👍👍. Congratulations!

lonnie mac I haven't tried to use my iMac with the Fireboard yet. That will be a good check on my next cook! The thing that I really love about the Fireboard over the Maverick was the RTD temperature probes. I can use the to measure Mash temps when I'm brewing as well as meat temps when BBQ'n.

Comment

Yep! Used to monitor my mash with the thermopen. I have Brutus Ten for that now!

Comment

WooHoo! It's here! Dang this thing is really sweet! Just set it up out of the box, fired it up on my desk, logged on to the app and now my iPhone and iMac are working harmoniously!

I'll take this any day.

My ONLY compliant is that they didn't send me a brisket to try it out with! LOL. Gotta wait till Saturday.

Name:	Screen Shot 2017-05-11 at 6.15.38 PM.png
Views:	186
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	317929

Comment

• Danjohnston949
              Danjohnston949 commented
              Editing a comment
              Lonnie Mac, You have to Name Your Channels! I Reserve Channel (probe) 1 for Ambient Temps! Have a Blast with Your new Toy! If You get an Amazon Echo Dot You can Ask it to Give You the FireBoard Temps and it will Read Them Off Probe by Probe!

Oh, yessss!

Comment

Super Cool, Brotha!!!
              More Input, Please!
              Oops, lonnie mac !
              Fergot to mention:
              Keep th' Smoke, an th' New Smoke Rollin'!
              Last edited by Mr. Bones; May 11, 2017, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Awesome, glad I didn't waste a click on this thread with no delivery.

Comment

Never question how many motorcycles, outdoor cookers, or temperature monitoring devices a Man "needs".... Cause need has nothing to do with it!!!

Comment

• Henrik
                    Henrik commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Word.

• Thunder77
                    Thunder77 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If you think you need it, then you need it! 😎

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here