Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maverick ET-735 - now on my holiday wish list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm hoping that the app will allow you to set notifications if the temp goes above/below a certain temperature. If this is the case, and assuming you have 2 devices (a tablet and a phone) you'll be able to mirror the notifications to a device that isn't directly connected via Bluetooth to the Maverick. This theoretically makes the range limitless. I'm positive that notification mirroring can work on Android phones/tablets. It will also work on a PC using an app called PushBullet. Not sure about iOS.

Another option is to buy a Chromecast for $35. Plug it into your TV, connect it to wifi, and then mirror the screen of your connected Bluetooth phone/tablet to the TV. No, you won't be able to watch the game and the temp at the same time, but you can always jump back and forth.

Basically, don't let the limitations of Bluetooth's range bother you. There are ways around it assuming you have wifi where you're smoking.

Last edited by jblack139; November 6, 2014, 10:40 AM. Reason: Added Chromecast option

Comment

Good info jblack! thanks

Comment

Basically, don't let the limitations of Bluetooth's range bother you. There are ways around it assuming you have wifi where you're smoking.
        I have wifi, beyond that I am clueless.

Comment

Wonder why this product hasn't been released as yet

Comment

The FireCraft website says "Pre-order now! Available to ship in January of 2015.", so I guess they've had it on there since late 2014. It's time for them to adjust that date since March is approaching!
            -David

Comment

Jon Solberg Did you get your yet? I was wondering if they have even started sending these out yet.
              One thing I did see is that the probes will be water proof!!!! Thats a huge step forward in my opinion.

Comment

not yet

Comment

fuzzydaddy Jon Solberg Spinaker I talked to Firecraft today and their latest update from Maverick is

I apologize for the continued delay on the ET 735’s. We have been in touch with Maverick and they continually push back the release date. However, we are hoping to have these in our warehouse around the second week of March at this point. That is a very rough estimation but it certainly is possible. If there is anything further I can do for you in the meantime, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks Barry,

-Brad
                  www.FireCraft.com
                  1-800-745-6109

Comment

• Spinaker
                    Spinaker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Barry. It seems like Maverick has dropped the ball on this on, eh? Marauderer

• fuzzydaddy
                    fuzzydaddy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks Barry! Before I read your post I called FireCraft and they told me the same thing. While typing this comment I typed Marauderer and the software did not pop-up any matches as I typed it but it did create the link. Ideas anyone? David Parrish?

Ya know when a manufacturer puts out a new product and they have a projected date of release it is a time line that makes it so they focus on getting it together and done. They have had some problems because they are behind the curve so to speak. Maverick has a good reputation with their thermometers and i would rather they be late releasing it than on time with serious problems. I personally will be sticking with my 732's as they are tried and proven and they have lots of range.

Comment

I'm a long time user of the ET-732s and recently purchased a Tappecue. I seriously considered the ET-735s but with bluetooth connectivity I just felt it would not be worth it. If the range is as limited as I've experienced with bluetooth definitely so. Hated that the bluetooth version (and connection range) couldn't be confirmed. Don't get me wrong, the ET-732 is great and I still use it. I especially liked the connectivity range it provides (up to 300 feet). But the ease of having multiple devices receiving four monitored temp alerts with the Tappecue I'm happy. I also like receiving the raw temp data after the smoke that I can manipulate into Excel spreadsheets. There's even an option to allow others into the smoke session so they can see what's happening (haven't done that yet, seems a touch overboard). Others have mentioned issues with the Tappecue WiFi. I found the device's MAC address, assigned it a permanent IP address on the home network (never expire), and it logs on every time without issue.

Comment

• Spinaker
                      Spinaker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Right on jragle
                      P.S I love that Yoder. That is a thing of beauty. You've got to feel some kinda satisfaction when you look out and see that beast out in your backyard.

• jragle
                      jragle commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Spinaker. You're right about that. Took years to work my way up to it. Only downside is it's a tough bird to grill on as far as keeping the bottom clean. Leaning toward a custom made pan for the bottom. But I've not decided on a course of action. Other'n that, I really really cannot complain. It's my baby.

• jragle
                      jragle commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Spinaker. You're right about that. Took years to work my way up to it. Only downside is it's a tough bird to grill on as far as keeping the bottom clean. Leaning toward a custom made pan for the bottom. But I've not decided on a course of action. Other'n that, I really really cannot complain. It's my baby.

Does anybody know if you can turn up the contrast on your Mavericks? For some reason, the display on mine is really hard to read, at every angle, even with new batteries.

Comment

• jragle
                      jragle commented
                      Editing a comment
                      One of the units (I don't recall if receiver or transmitter) has a backlight button that makes the readings easier to see.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here