Welcome!

This is a membership forum. As a guest, you can click around a bit. View 5 pages for free. If you would like to participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

There are 4 page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maverick ET-735 - now on my holiday wish list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jragle
    commented on 's reply
    One of the units (I don't recall if receiver or transmitter) has a backlight button that makes the readings easier to see.

• jragle
    commented on 's reply
    Spinaker. You're right about that. Took years to work my way up to it. Only downside is it's a tough bird to grill on as far as keeping the bottom clean. Leaning toward a custom made pan for the bottom. But I've not decided on a course of action. Other'n that, I really really cannot complain. It's my baby.

• jragle
    commented on 's reply
    Spinaker. You're right about that. Took years to work my way up to it. Only downside is it's a tough bird to grill on as far as keeping the bottom clean. Leaning toward a custom made pan for the bottom. But I've not decided on a course of action. Other'n that, I really really cannot complain. It's my baby.

• Spinaker
    replied
    Does anybody know if you can turn up the contrast on your Mavericks? For some reason, the display on mine is really hard to read, at every angle, even with new batteries.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Right on jragle
    P.S I love that Yoder. That is a thing of beauty. You've got to feel some kinda satisfaction when you look out and see that beast out in your backyard.

• fuzzydaddy
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Barry! Before I read your post I called FireCraft and they told me the same thing. While typing this comment I typed Marauderer and the software did not pop-up any matches as I typed it but it did create the link. Ideas anyone? Pit Boss?

• jragle
    commented on 's reply
    Spinaker, I ordered mine from Tappecue. It wasn't my first choice; seems all the other websites I visited they were either on backorder or out of stock; none could nail down an availability date. It appeared Tappecue was filling their online orders before making shipments out.

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    where di you pick that Tappecue up from jragle ?

• jragle
    replied
    I'm a long time user of the ET-732s and recently purchased a Tappecue. I seriously considered the ET-735s but with bluetooth connectivity I just felt it would not be worth it. If the range is as limited as I've experienced with bluetooth definitely so. Hated that the bluetooth version (and connection range) couldn't be confirmed. Don't get me wrong, the ET-732 is great and I still use it. I especially liked the connectivity range it provides (up to 300 feet). But the ease of having multiple devices receiving four monitored temp alerts with the Tappecue I'm happy. I also like receiving the raw temp data after the smoke that I can manipulate into Excel spreadsheets. There's even an option to allow others into the smoke session so they can see what's happening (haven't done that yet, seems a touch overboard). Others have mentioned issues with the Tappecue WiFi. I found the device's MAC address, assigned it a permanent IP address on the home network (never expire), and it logs on every time without issue.

Leave a comment:

• Marauderer
    replied
    Ya know when a manufacturer puts out a new product and they have a projected date of release it is a time line that makes it so they focus on getting it together and done. They have had some problems because they are behind the curve so to speak. Maverick has a good reputation with their thermometers and i would rather they be late releasing it than on time with serious problems. I personally will be sticking with my 732's as they are tried and proven and they have lots of range.

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    commented on 's reply
    Thanks Barry. It seems like Maverick has dropped the ball on this on, eh? Marauderer

• Marauderer
    replied
    fuzzydaddy Jon Solberg Spinaker I talked to Firecraft today and their latest update from Maverick is

I apologize for the continued delay on the ET 735’s. We have been in touch with Maverick and they continually push back the release date. However, we are hoping to have these in our warehouse around the second week of March at this point. That is a very rough estimation but it certainly is possible. If there is anything further I can do for you in the meantime, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks Barry,

-Brad
    www.FireCraft.com
    1-800-745-6109

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    not yet

Leave a comment:

• Spinaker
    replied
    Jon Solberg Did you get your yet? I was wondering if they have even started sending these out yet.
    One thing I did see is that the probes will be water proof!!!! Thats a huge step forward in my opinion.

Leave a comment:

• fuzzydaddy
    replied
    The FireCraft website says "Pre-order now! Available to ship in January of 2015.", so I guess they've had it on there since late 2014. It's time for them to adjust that date since March is approaching!
    -David

Leave a comment:

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
Rubs Promo
Meat-Up in Memphis