Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Maverick ET-735 - now on my holiday wish list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maverick ET-735 - now on my holiday wish list

Just saw this in the new catalog I got from Firecraft today, taking pre-orders for shipping in January. Maverick ET-735 - Bluetooth - Iphone or Android apps - up to 4 probes and the 2 that are included at $79.99 are waterproof. Won't need to use two 732's anymore.

sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!!

My ICelsius was shipped off last week to get checked on.
    Last edited by Jerod Broussard; November 3, 2014, 07:23 PM.

Comment

Very cool. I'm checking this out! Thanks TB

Comment

Awesome find! This looks to be very promising.

Comment

They had to ruin it with Bluetooth & no receiver didn't they. All I want is a 4-probe unit with a receiver AND the option for tying into wifi for phone/tablet/PC use. I think they missed the target on this one. Sorry to be the negative Ned.

Comment

With the close proximity of my Pit Barrel to the back door (5ft), I don't think the tooth will be a problem with 10ft of reception. With an offset smoker, that might be a problem. hehehehehe

Comment

The radio range of the current Mavs beats the range of Bluetooth. Step backwards if you ask me. If you're within BT range for your setup there's no issue I suppose.

Comment

What exactly is the purpose of bluetooth. Was it for people with headsets for their phones?

Comment

I think they messed up with the bluetooth. Hopefully they will have an option for a regular receiver as well.
                Wifi would have been way better than Bluetooth

Comment

Probably not going to get Wifi for under $100. Maybe the price point was tops on the list to start with.

Comment

Agreed on the Bluetooth. Everything else sounds promising, though.

Comment

I will take three maybe four, thank you

Comment

It was originally invented as a wireless replacement for the old RS-232 data cable. Short range, low bandwidth applications. Requires very little power. Doesn't need line of sight. Headphones, speakers, keyboards/mice, and a variety of industrial connections. I have a diabetes blood sugar meter that transmits data to my iPhone via bluetooth. Class 1 bluetooth actually has a maximum range of 300 feet, but who knows what Maverick is using since the device is not on their website yet. I never get that much on my ET-732, which is annoying because my bedroom is at the opposite end of the house from my equipment.

Comment

• Jerod Broussard
                          Jerod Broussard commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thanks. Techy I ain't.....

With Bluetooth, you only need the ET-735 transmitter and your smartphone/tablet. You don't need a router like you do with WiFi. And no one has questioned what RF band they've been using all along to connect the transmitter and receiver.

To be honest with you, the idea of replacing the receiver with my tablet (so I can still use my phone for phone things) is pretty appealing. I have 2 ET-732 sets that have always worked flawlessly. I'll bet a shaker of my favorite rub that the delivered ET-735 will perform better than you're expecting.

But that's just my opinion...and I could be wrong.

Comment

I'll be one of the first on the block to run one. I think WiFi has a way to go. It RediCheck gets in that game (wifi) it will be a hit in my opinion. They seem to have a good handle on the bbq/smoker market where other makers seem to fall short.
                          Last edited by Jon Solberg; November 5, 2014, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here